No announcement yet.

2017 Blackland Praries Thread...Ellis, Hill, Navarro, Limestone et all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted a handful of times last weekend and saw a good amount of deer each sit.

Comment

I am on the border of Ellis and Navarro. The deer have pretty much dried up. Seeing the pigs now but at 2 in the morning

Comment

Does are there, small bucks grouped up again, but 1 monster still on a doe

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer have been consistently hitting feeders every morning and evening. Havnt been able to hunt much so i think that has helped. Mostly day time too. Pigs are coming in the day and seems like they are racing there.

Comment

I hunted this past weekend...had good doe and yearling movement and a few young bucks...I saw one marginal buck but passed. He was 3.5 at most...

Not many shots heard either, I did miss a bobcat which I'm still bummed about...:-(

Comment

Sounds like I'm the only one then. It sure why tho, I haven't been out much so it's been quiet but feed still out. Activity over all has just died the last two weeks.

Comment

Hand corning for several days down roads really helps with seeing deer. Sometimes they just dont like feeders. I have one feeder with zero deer amd iys 150yds from another feeder that has plenty of deer.

Comment

Dry as a bone in Corsicana. Consistent does but sometimes the yearlings are feeding while the older ones hang back. Shot two hogs last weekend. Got a nice buck on camera but haven't seen him back in two weeks. My camera on the road died so interested to see if the road activity picks up. There is still hope!

Comment

I have a spot at my food plot I hand corn and it has some deer but about like the feeders.

Comment

How did the season end up for everyone?

Comment

Came up empty here for whitetail. Had fun hog hunting and ready for the next season! May try planting some food plots this year...

Comment

Has anyone in the area fed anything besides corn with any real success? I feed alot of stuff out west but haven't had alot of success around here with anything but corn and I don't really think it has been a success. My food plot was a huge hit either I don't think. Hand corn was ok at best but I'm only there maybe once a week at best so its not consistent. What is everyone else using? Just wanting to get deer sightings more regular.

Comment

up

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Has anyone in the area fed anything besides corn with any real success? I feed alot of stuff out west but haven't had alot of success around here with anything but corn and I don't really think it has been a success. My food plot was a huge hit either I don't think. Hand corn was ok at best but I'm only there maybe once a week at best so its not consistent. What is everyone else using? Just wanting to get deer sightings more regular.

In the fall we put in Oat food plots and they get hit hard by the deer. Leon county by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                When I start seeing less deer I’ll do one or two bags of golden nuggets and 3-4 bags of corn. I just dump it on the ground in piles and then a couple of lines. Normally will pull the deer back in a couple of days. I never use feeders I feel like the bigger deer know to stay away from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X