Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #551
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #552
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
Based on the information currently available, you don't know this. Like I said before, there is at least 10-20 minutes leading up to the extraction that none of us have seen or heard.
Agreed. However, based on numerous accounts, he was peaceful. But, just like cop shootings, nothing is fully known for days or weeks. I usually side with LE right away. But, this, this just seems all wrong from the beginning.

Even if he became violent, and then would need to be removed, this whole thing could have been avoided by increasing the compensation until someone accepted. There just wasnt any need to force this one dude off the plane in the first place. But, to be clear, if he became violent first, then gig him.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #553
BigL
Pope & Young
 
BigL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Hunt In: San Saba, Burnet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
victim shaming/blaming? How is this relevant to this situation?
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #554
str8shooter
Ten Point
 
str8shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Franklin Co. - Fish in Alaska
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
Should be decided and handled before people were allowed to board. Once boarded and have a confirmed seat, that is a different issue.
Correct. And this is exactly how it is normally handled.
str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #555
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL21 View Post
And when no one volunteers, what next?
You send your flight crew on a different flight or send them driving.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #556
mighty
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
You send your flight crew on a different flight or send them driving.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Exactly!
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #557
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
You send your flight crew on a different flight or send them driving.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Wrong again! You beat them into submission and curb stomp them for not following unlawful "orders"!
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #558
mighty
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.
This
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #559
mighty
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Wrong again! You beat them into submission and curb stomp them for not following unlawful "orders"!
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #560
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Wrong again! You beat them into submission and curb stomp them for not following unlawful "orders"!
Crap. Im not good at this game.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #561
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL21 View Post
He let the situation escalate. There were 3 others that disembarked the plane without pitching a fit. Since 09/11, planes are different than any scenario that you or I have previously mentioned.
He did not let it escalate. He refused to volunteer. The airline let it escalate. Just because your friends jump off a cliff you do too? I mean, maybe, depends on the cliff, whats at the bottom, etc. But, perhaps I missed the part of being a human that tells me to be a lemming.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #562
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I'm talking about knowing the definitions of "violence" and "orders". You may want to look them up.
Perhaps you need to educate yourself on "connotation" vs "denotation". Also, this isnt about orders. Its about broken, poorly written policies.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #563
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Glad you cleared that up! But you seem to be ok with LE beating up everyone they come in contact with.
I do? Interesting. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #564
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.
Ive seen a lot of people admit to a lot of things when the proper pressure is applied.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #565
Double-O-Dave
Eight Point
 
Double-O-Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Default

I'm no business executive or CEO, but Oscar Munoz's most recent statement - his third, by the way:

"The truly horrific event that occurred on this flight has elicited many responses from all of us: outrage, anger, disappointment. I share all of those sentiments, and one above all: my deepest apologies for what happened. Like you, I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard. No one should ever be mistreated this way.

I want you to know that we take full responsibility and we will work to make it right.

It’s never too late to do the right thing. I have committed to our customers and our employees that we are going to fix what’s broken so this never happens again. This will include a thorough review of crew movement, our policies for incentivizing volunteers in these situations, how we handle oversold situations and an examination of how we partner with airport authorities and local law enforcement. We’ll communicate the results of our review by April 30th.

I promise you we will do better."

should have been the first thing he said about this incident, rather than what he initially said:

“This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United. I apologize for having to reaccommodate these customers. Our team is moving with a sense of urgency to work with the authorities and conduct our own detailed review of what happened. We are also reaching out to this passenger to talk directly to him and further address and resolve this situation.”

This is simply not the right way to treat people. I know people need their jobs, but if I was a United employee and witnessed this incident, I would have tried to put a halt to it. Yes, I've lost jobs before doing the right thing. It was painful and embarrassing, but after explaining what I did and why to my kids I felt better about doing the "right thing".

Regards,

Dave
Double-O-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #566
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
Okay, you want to talk about the second part?

Airline didn't even follow the law they were basing "enforcement" action upon. They are required to provide written reasons for a passenger being denied a place on a flight. Furthermore, that should have happened BEFORE the passenger was even ON the plane. Since, we want to discuss the more general concept of compliance with authority, consider whether unjust actions require compliance. American Founders didn't think so. Were they in compliance with the Law of the Land as proclaimed by the British Monarch? No. Did they suffer. You bet. An unjust law does not have Authority and, therefore, does not require compliance. (This was the Founders' thinking) Doesn't mean there won't be immediate "pain." Still doesn't make improper enforcement of unjust policy right. And the enforcement was admittedly improper -- as corroborated by the suspension of those officers.

I will be very surprised if there are not sweeping regulatory changes made to airline passenger-rights policies.
Thank you. I enjoyed reading your post.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #567
BULL21
Eight Point
 
BULL21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Greenville
Hunt In: Robert Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
Should be decided and handled before people were allowed to board. Once boarded and have a confirmed seat, that is a different issue.
I agree. I'm not saying that the airlines were right in the way they handled the situation, but neither was the passenger. Like I said, the other 3 complied without any incidents.
BULL21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #568
BULL21
Eight Point
 
BULL21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Greenville
Hunt In: Robert Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Offer more incentives until the fourth one volunteers. Pretty simple actually.
Do you know how much was offered. I believe there is a law that limits how much compensation can be offered.
BULL21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #569
bwssr
Pope & Young
 
bwssr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madisonville, Texas
Hunt In: Madison county
Default

food for thought...he can only see his patients 1 day a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
bwssr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #570
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
I do? Interesting. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Because you said ALL ENFORCEMENT is violent. Funny I've never experienced violence when pulled over.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #571
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXT View Post
So will they make up the $1 billion by the end of June?
I highly doubt UAL will disclose any loss associated with the direct incident, so any $'s thrown around are suspect at best...but yes...i suspect their 2nd qtr revenue will be higher than 2016 q2 & shareholders will be content & not defect in mass...hell they gained some with short sellers
RodinaRanč is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #572
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Because you said ALL ENFORCEMENT is violent. Funny I've never experienced violence when pulled over.
Thats because your are a reasonable, law abiding citizen who knows that non compliance will lead to violence. The violence is still there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:02 PM   #573
kurt68
Ten Point
 
kurt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Hunt In: Montgomery Co. and Rocksprings and "H"
Default

Food for thought.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...rding-illegal/
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #574
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.
LEOs get fired for justified shootings, just to appease the outcry of some people/groups. Your argument holds no water.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #575
RodinaRanč
Eight Point
 
RodinaRanč's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cistern,TX
Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty View Post
Because you have been right about everything else?
Regarding rules & effect on the market...yes

But if you feel differently...short the hell outta''m ...lol

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-12-2017 at 01:08 PM..
RodinaRanč is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #576
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
LEOs get fired for justified shootings, just to appease the outcry of some people/groups. Your argument holds no water.
not a argument.
Airline admitted fault.
VEP admitted fault by suspending the employee.
Doc gonna get paid.

all facts.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #577
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
Thats because your are a reasonable, law abiding citizen who knows that non compliance will lead to violence. The violence is still there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The POTENTIAL for violence is there. There is a difference.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #578
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
not a argument.
Airline admitted fault.
VEP admitted fault by suspending the employee.
Doc gonna get paid.

all facts.
So police departments admit fault when they fire a LEO for a justified shooting? Alrighty then.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #579
mighty
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
Regarding rules & effect on the market...yes
Ive read your posts and you have been wrong the entire time. You choose not to read the facts presented by everyone else on this post. Your cop out now is that "they wouldn't release any numbers." says who? you? We should take your obviously biased and historically incorrect word for it?
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #580
mighty
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
So police departments admit fault when they fire a LEO for a justified shooting? Alrighty then.
Why would a police department fire an LEO for a justified shooting? Not saying they don't, just wondering why they would.
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #581
Tazman70
Four Point
 
Tazman70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sheridan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
food for thought...he can only see his patients 1 day a week.
That's why it was so important to him to be at work. Can't reschedule patients to another a week. The guy is really trying to get his career back on the right track.
Tazman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #582
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty View Post
Why would a police department fire an LEO for a justified shooting? Not saying they don't, just wondering why they would.
As I stated, to appease the outcry from people/groups. No unlike this case.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #583
bwssr
Pope & Young
 
bwssr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madisonville, Texas
Hunt In: Madison county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman70 View Post
That's why it was so important to him to be at work. Can't reschedule patients to another a week. The guy is really trying to get his career back on the right track.
did you read the article?
bwssr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #584
Tazman70
Four Point
 
Tazman70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sheridan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
did you read the article?
Yes. It's common practice for medical board to limit work hours when a doctor is getting reinstated. He can't afford to miss work and risk losing his job or license. He has more to lose than other people on the plane.
Tazman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #585
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

I read on facebook (may be total bull****) that he was escorted of the plane peacefully once and then ran back on and sat back down in his seat and that is when he was forcefully removed from the plane because he entered a secure area once he ran back on the plane. No idea if this is true or not, but it said the media was not releasing the full story and this was left out.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #586
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
I read on facebook (may be total bull****) that he was escorted of the plane peacefully once and then ran back on and sat back down in his seat and that is when he was forcefully removed from the plane because he entered a secure area once he ran back on the plane. No idea if this is true or not, but it said the media was not releasing the full story and this was left out.
Thats incorrect, according to the "news", just lost a bit of my soul saying that. He refused to disembark, they called security who beat him up, then they allowed him back on, and then he disembarked. Im assuming, which is dangerous, the fight escalated and the rent a cops let him go. The footage is actually pretty clear when her returns, his face is bloodied. But, in time we will have a more complete idea of the timeline.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #587
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qWuARk556 View Post
Thats incorrect, according to the "news", just lost a bit of my soul saying that. He refused to disembark, they called security who beat him up, then they allowed him back on, and then he disembarked. Im assuming, which is dangerous, the fight escalated and the rent a cops let him go. The footage is actually pretty clear when her returns, his face is bloodied. But, in time we will have a more complete idea of the timeline.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Only time will tell what really happened. I am sure the other passengers are not allowed to say anything at this point on what they saw except to law enforcement.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #588
mighty
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
Really? How have i lost? I'ven been technically correct with regards to carriage...i'll make atleast $3/share off this incident & have left you to speak in generalities as opposed to specifics b/c you can't back up what you say...if that's loosing...i'll take it!!
"Technically"? Lol...and we should take you at your word on what you will make? Can I borrow your time machine? I need to get some winning lotto numbers.
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #589
BULL21
Eight Point
 
BULL21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Greenville
Hunt In: Robert Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman70 View Post
Yes. It's common practice for medical board to limit work hours when a doctor is getting reinstated. He can't afford to miss work and risk losing his job or license. He has more to lose than other people on the plane.
His work hours weren't limited according to the Kentucky Medical Board. His career isn't any more important than any other passenger on the plane because he screwed up a decade ago.
BULL21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #590
bwssr
Pope & Young
 
bwssr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madisonville, Texas
Hunt In: Madison county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman70 View Post
Yes. It's common practice for medical board to limit work hours when a doctor is getting reinstated. He can't afford to miss work and risk losing his job or license. He has more to lose than other people on the plane.
well maybe he should have thought about this back in the days of handing out prescriptions and using.....and doing a patient.
bwssr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #591
Tazman70
Four Point
 
Tazman70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sheridan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
well maybe he should have thought about this back in the days of handing out prescriptions and using.....and doing a patient.
That was 14 years ago. Let it go man. He rehabilitated and deemed worthy enough by his peers to have his license re-instated. The guy simply wanted to get home and willing to pay for it. The airlines lied about overbooking, didn't follow federal rules, then got rent-a-cops to roughen him up. Most of us with balls would stand up and challenge it. Don't be a sheep.
Tazman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #592
BigL
Pope & Young
 
BigL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Hunt In: San Saba, Burnet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwssr View Post
well maybe he should have thought about this back in the days of handing out prescriptions and using.....and doing a patient.
Two different incidents and neither relate to each other so should not even be mentioned in this current event.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #593
qWuARk556
Four Point
 
qWuARk556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Only time will tell what really happened. I am sure the other passengers are not allowed to say anything at this point on what they saw except to law enforcement.
Not why you would say that considering the video was released and legally no one has any rights to a gag order. 1st amendment. The larger concern is putting together all of the different accounts, since everyone will have their own perspective, memory, and interpretation of events.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
qWuARk556 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #594
BULL21
Eight Point
 
BULL21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Greenville
Hunt In: Robert Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
Two different incidents and neither relate to each other so should not even be mentioned in this current event.
He was just replying to the post that tazman70 had stating that this guy's job was more important than everyone else on the plane.
BULL21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #595
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

Wow, United is batting a 1000 in customer service.

http://www.latimes.com/business/laza...412-story.html
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #596
BlackHogDown
Eight Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Duval County
Default

https://thepilotwifelife.wordpress.c...t-flight-3411/
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #597
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman70 View Post
He has more to lose than other people on the plane.
I've heard it all now!
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #598
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Here's the article posted above.

I Know You’re Mad at United but… (Thoughts from a Pilot Wife About Flight 3411)
APRIL 11, 2017
ANGELIAJGRIFFIN
If there’s one thing I have learned over the years, it’s that there are always two sides to every story.

On April 9th, a very unfortunate incident played out on United Flight 3411, the video of which has since gone viral causing a mass social media uprising with an ‘off-with-their-heads’ mentality. I mean, across the board. Fire ’em all and let the gods sort it out later.

Look, I get it. When I first saw the video I was appalled too. To say that it was inflammatory would be putting it mildly. But it was also a situation that was escalated far beyond the boundaries of necessity.

If a federal law enforcement officer asks me to exit a plane, no matter how royally ****** off I am, I’m going to do it and then seek other means of legal reimbursement. True story.

Knowing what I know about airport security, I’m certainly not going to run back into a secured, federally restricted area at an airport flailing my arms and screaming like a banshee…because, you know, that just happens to be breaking a major federal Homeland Security law.

But that’s just me. Obviously.

The moment I made that particular ill-advised choice, I would become an immediate and imminent threat to the aircraft’s security. That’s kind of a big deal. I mean, come on, I once actually had to remove my infant son’s socks because they mimicked little baby sneakers. These guys mean business.

I didn’t like it. I thought it was just plain stupid, honestly. But instead of pitching a massive fit, refusing to comply, and bolting through the TSA checkpoint like an out-of-control toddler, I did the big girl thing–sucked it up, removed the offensive socks, and went on with my happy life, sans being tackled and dragged through the airport in handcuffs by a bunch of big men with guns.

Because if you choose to take advantage of the services the airport provides, you play by their rules.

I know you’re all out there screaming that the ‘rules’ are unfair, but I am a pilot wife. I remember 9/11. Do you? I want my husband, the father of my children, to come home. I want you to get home. That law exists to protect my husband. And your wife. And your grandmother. And your child. And you. I, for one, am glad for the law.

I’m not here to dispute the facts of 3411 with you. I am not interested in getting into an argument of opinion with anyone. We’re all entitled to our own. I’m not arguing that what happened wasn’t completely terrible–it was, on multiple levels. But I am suggesting that the general public take another look at the situation, ask a few more questions, gather a few more facts, and then create a less hostile and more intellectually wrought opinion about what happened.

Because the media is giving you just enough information to keep you enraged–enough to keep their ratings up.

Things to consider:

1) “You can’t just kick a paying customer off the plane!” Psssst! It’s in the fine print. They can, indeed, do just that. And it’s not an airline specific rule, it’s a commercial aviation rule. Every ticket you purchase comes with a plethora of fine print–you know, the stuff we just click ‘next’ on without actually reading what we are agreeing to. Yeah, that. Well, it’s in there, and you checked the ‘I agree’ box when you purchased your ticket. You can read about it and oh-so-much-more here. Kind of makes you want to read all those tiny words on your next phone update before you click ‘I agree’, huh? You should. United did not break any law, and he agreed to the policy and possibility of involuntary bump when he bought his ticket. And so do you.

2) “Kicking a paying customer off an airplane!? I’m taking my business to Southwest!” Ummmm, okay. But just be sure you understand that every major airline, Southwest included, has a similar policy for involuntary bumping in a ‘must ride’ scenario. Don’t believe me? It’s called the contract of carriage. If you’re really bored, you can read Southwest’s here. Or Delta’s here. Believe me, it’s in there. This could have been any airline. In fact, it happens all the time. Most people just don’t wrestle the feds in the aisle.

3: “So what’s this ‘must ride’ nonsense anyway? They shouldn’t bump a paying customer for a free employee ride!” I’m afraid you’re going to have to take this up with the federal government, not United. And it’s actually pretty important to you as an airline traveler anyway. They were not ‘freeloading home’. That’s called non-rev and they have to wait in line behind your checkbook and often don’t make it home to their families if flights are booked (believe me, I know). No, this was a must fly, a positive space situation. In layman terms, it means that a crew must be flown to an airport to man a flight in order to avoid cancellation of said flight due to crew unavailability. This is a federal DOT regulation, not an airline one. The airlines are required to do so to avoid disruption of air traffic. In other words, if there are no willing volunteers and they need seats to get a crew somewhere to avoid disruption of aviation flow, they can, will, must by federal regulation bump people for the better good of the 1000’s. Why? Because one cancelled flight has a serious domino affect in the delicate, complicated world of connections and aviation law.

4: “It’s the airline’s fault for not planning better!” You obviously have no clue about the complexities of aviation travel and should do some research. There are about a million and one things that can cause a crew shortage including but not limited to weather, maintenance, weather, connecting fight delays, weather, FAA timeout regs, and did I mention weather? I wish I could control Mother Nature because I would be one filthy rich person. But I can’t. And neither can United. So they inconvenience one, or four, to keep hundreds on track. Do the math. And of course, if we were on the other end of this thing, we’d be tirading and blowing up the internet because United didn’t bump a passenger to make sure our flight didn’t get cancelled and left hundreds stranded. ****ed if you do; ****ed if you don’t. We’re a fickle crowd, we social media folks.

5: They shouldn’t have picked the minority Chinese doctor! It’s racist.” That’s just silly. Though federal regulation demands they involuntarily bump to prevent interruption of flights when necessary, each airline does have the leniency to determine how they choose the bumped passengers. They did not play spin the bottle or walk down the aisle looking for the Asian guy. Use your heads, people! There is a computerized algorithm that takes into account price of ticket, how long ago it was purchased, whether or not they can get the passenger to their destination in a timely manner, etc. It wasn’t an ‘Asian thing.’ Stop, people. Just stop.

6: “United should go under for assaulting that passenger! Fire the entire crew!” Read the facts. United neeeever touched the passenger. In fact, by all witness accounts, the United flight crew remained calm and pleasant throughout the entire event, never laying hands on the passenger. They followed protocol as required by law. Once law enforcement became involved (also as required by federal protocol), United stepped out of the decision-making process. They had nothing to do with the rest. The passenger was forcibly removed by federal aviation security (the disturbing clip that everyone is talking about) after running back into the secured area after being escorted out once. Once he did that, like it or not, they (law enforcement) were under full discretion of the law to apply necessary force to remove the threat. I’m not saying it’s pretty, but the only one who actually broke a law was the passenger. There’s a reason for these laws–it’s called 9/11. We can’t have it both ways. But by all means, let’s berate and punish an entire flight crew–in fact thousands of pilots, FA’s, gate attendents, ground crew, etc.–because it makes us all feel a little better.

7: “You piece of **it!” I get that the passengers were upset, angry, maybe even confused. I get that you are too. After all, media is tossing you out chunks of bloody meat like you’re a pack of starving wolves. But I’m seriously disgusted that the poor must ride crew that had to take those seats after the unfortunate mess that unraveled were verbally abused and threatened. Can you imagine the very uncomfortable position they were in? Then they were demeaned, belittled, threatened. Along with many others all over the internet and airports today. They were and are men and women doing their jobs to feed their families. Just. Like. You. They didn’t have a choice. They didn’t ask for this. They didn’t assault anyone. They are not a corporation; they are individuals who need a job. They are my friends and maybe even my husband. There’s a very fine line between what you despise and becoming what you despise. Many of the comments and actions I have seen perpetrated against United employees cross it. Don’t become what you hate.

Like I said, I know you’re mad at United, but there’s much more to the story than hits the media fan.

I truly hope that this gives you something to chew on and gives you a smidgen more insight into the complexities of aviation. I’m not making excuses. I think there were bad decisions made on both sides. However, I am saying there are always two sides to every story. Make sure you consider them both.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #599
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

"A pilots wife", glad we could get some expert testimony here.

Now if she was giving her opinion on what kind of sammiches her husband likes I might take it a little more serious. hahaha! Kidding!
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #600
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
"A pilots wife", glad we could get some expert testimony here.

Now if she was giving her opinion on what kind of sammiches her husband likes I might take it a little more serious. hahaha! Kidding!
No you're not. It is interesting that a pilots wife seems to understand more about how the news media handles stories better than some on here though.

It has been mentioned that the passenger had already been escorted off the plane once before, and then ran back onto the plane, BEFORE the video piece that is being shown in the news. I guess the real truth will all come out at some point, and the "news" will still be guilty of sensationalism.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com