With camping gear in the truck, Start in Texas, my stops/destinations:

Mt Rushmore
    Yellowstone
    Arches
    Bryce
    Zion
    Grand Canyon

Home.

Fill in the blanks.. Bonus points will be given for off the path fishing holes, campsites and eccentric places to check out.

2 week cap.

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
    With camping gear in the truck, Start in Texas, my stops/destinations:

Mt Rushmore
    Yellowstone
    Arches
    Bryce
    Zion
    Grand Canyon

Home.

Fill in the blanks.. Bonus points will be given for off the path fishing holes, campsites and eccentric places to check out.

2 week cap.
    If you want it to be epic, leave the vehicle at home.
    I caught Yellowstone, Zion, Arches, Bryce, Grand Canyon and a few more on this trip.
    Attached Files

Comment

After Bryce Canyon drive towards Escalante and you will go through Part of the Dixie National Forest. There is some great dispersed camping up there at the top of the mountain. We made our camp there in the morning and then drove down and hiked the Lower and Upper Calf Creek falls trails. If I had to suggest one or the other do the Upper Calf Creek. Its such an awesome place. In 45 minutes you can go from top of the mountain to desert/slot canyons. Shoot me a PM if you want more specifics on the area! This is the exact location we camped at. 38°03'13.0"N 111°19'20.0"W

There's dozens of awesome spots up there though.

Comment

Can I come along? I’m jealous

Not a lot of help, but if you’re doing Mount Rushmore, do yourself a favor and go see the crazy horse memorial that’s still being built. I believe his head is finished. Google the entire story, It’s really neat. I went in the 90s. For first fifty years, not a penny of government money was accepted and it was all donations. Not sure if it’s still that way or not.
        Started back in the 40s not long after Rushmore was built. Started by a Rushmore builder.
        I got a lot more out of the unfinished crazy horse memorial than Rushmore.

An interesting tidbit, all four president heads could be balled up and fit in the nose of crazy horse, or something like that

Comment

Look up Mammoth Creek in between Zion and Bryce for fishing, I also recommend the Dixie National Forest. Gemini Bridges is my favorite place to camp near Arches. Hit Lee's Ferry in Northern AZ for trout fishing, be sure to hit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Comment

I've done Yellowstone, Bryce, and Zion. We didn't catch much in Yellowstone. Fishing the east fork of the Sevier in Utah we got on trout pretty good. That was in a NF.

With 2 weeks I'd skip Rushmore.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
              Look up Mammoth Creek in between Zion and Bryce for fishing, I also recommend the Dixie National Forest. Gemini Bridges is my favorite place to camp near Arches. Hit Lee's Ferry in Northern AZ for trout fishing, be sure to hit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
              Northwest rim specifically, imo.

Comment

I thought Wall Drug in South Dakota was very entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  If you want it to be epic, leave the vehicle at home.
                  I caught Yellowstone, Zion, Arches, Bryce, Grand Canyon and a few more on this trip.

Hitchhiked?

Comment

We took 10 days just for Southern CO and the following - Arches, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon.

We only stopped to "look" at Bryce and the North Rim and didn't really spend any time there. If I was you I would think about taking off Yellowstone/Mt Rushmore for another trip. Stop in Southern CO for a day or so to fish and make your way to Moab/Arches from there. You'll be spending a major amount of driving time up to Yellowstone.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Hitchhiked?
                      10k plus miles now .
                      I gotta break the cycle sometimes, it's healthy for my state of mind.

Comment

You’re gonna need another week

Comment

Definitely too many stops for the time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            10k plus miles now .
                            I gotta break the cycle sometimes, it's healthy for my state of mind.
                            Have you hiked the Appalachian Trail? It is a “bucket list” item for me.

Comment

U gotta c Alaska bud, maybe next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X