Father/Daughter Doe Double

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father/Daughter Doe Double

My daughter and I filled our ice chests one afternoon in January on our Blanco Lease. We both managed to get some footage so I pulled that together, finally.

Kelsey's video skills are minimal but she's trying and getting enough to help me understand where she hit the deer, the reaction, etc. I'll take that over nothing. Given that, her footage is brief.

I grabbed a lot of footage because of what I went through to get the shot. I tried hunting with windows closed, opening in time for the shot. It worked well, but just took a little time.

Anyway, enjoy the clip below. Thanks for watching.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EItKRAsgFto&t"]Blanco Double - YouTube[/ame]

Nice shooting, filling the freezer!

Comment

Congrats & Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice double!

Comment

Good lord, what did she hit? Dropped like a sack and then the geyser after, WOW
          Good shooting.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
            Good lord, what did she hit? Dropped like a sack and then the geyser after, WOW
            Good shooting.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
            She whispered to her boyfriend in the blind afterwards that her Dad would be mad because the shot was "off". What in the world? Deer dropped in sight. She made a 100.

Probably too much of me pointing out where to aim. Had her worried I guess.

Thanks

Comment

No tracking required...she did great!

Perfection from both of you!
              Last edited by Mary; 02-11-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Nice work amigo and amiga!

Comment

You weren't kidding about her footage being brief

Good stuff there. You two have had a heck of a season

Comment

What heads Casey? Some serious blood spillage in both shots! Yours almost looked too far forward, but as she was trying to run off, you could see LOTS of blood coming out the exit side!
                    Great video and contrats to you and Kelsey!!

Comment

great video. Kelsey's is short but sweet. What are you doing when you keep touching the screen? How big is your freezer

Comment

Very nice Morris clan!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          What heads Casey? Some serious blood spillage in both shots! Yours almost looked too far forward, but as she was trying to run off, you could see LOTS of blood coming out the exit side!
                          Great video and contrats to you and Kelsey!!
                          Wasp Jak Hammers on both. I was a bit forward but she died inside 60 yards. No drops of blood, just streaks in the grass 2 feet long to the deer.

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                          great video. Kelsey's is short but sweet. What are you doing when you keep touching the screen? How big is your freezer
                          I'm making sure the camera is focusing on the target. It's a touch screen camera and focuses where I touch.

I don't have a very big freezer. It is jam-packed now and I have over 40 links of dried sausage I will need to put somewhere in the coming weeks. We killed 10 deer between the two kids and me. We donated 4 to friends.

Comment

"Oh, that's not a good one." Looked good to me! Congrats to both of you.

When watching these Texas hunting videos I'm always amazed at the amount of movement & noise you folks get by with while in bow range of the deer. It isn't like that here in MN!

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X