Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest waterfowl guide review

The good bad and ugly.
    The good- the lodging is very nice and the food was great. The guides overall did a good job. I know its wild migratory birds but there was a little lacking.
    The bad- first morning we roll up to the field to find that it has been disced. First thing out of our guides mouth was the farmer was not supposed to disc yet. Since there were supposedly 150,000-300,000 birds on the day before but didnt know it was disced. Asked the guide if it was going to be a problem he unsuringly said no. My hunt group set up 95% of the decoys which we do not have a problem with at all. The guides were building the a frames and making a good hide. Come shooting time the only birds to come to the field were a few specs and one lone snow which we killed. I blame the disced field and think the guide knew it wasn't going to be as good as it could of or should have been. Every other group killed 10 plus birds that morning. We scratch it off and are ready for the next day. Next morning we go to another field the guide personally scouted. Again my hunt group set up about 95% of the decoys according to how the guide says he wants it. When shooting time comes we kill one lonely snow and then the wind changes straight into our faces. We never rearrange decoys or discuss it to adapt to the new wind. We watch a few thousand snows land in a field a few hundred yards from us due to new wind conditions. My guys call it quits early and walk to the trucks. In conclusion I think there were some things that should of happened that didnt. I'm not saying the guides did or didnt scout the first field or not since we are all at camp after noon. Do I think there is room for improvement? Yes. Will my group be back? No. Take it for what it is. 2800 for 2 geese is a little steep for us.

Uhhh, you didn’t even identify the outfitter.

Comment

I will pm the outfit if interested. Does it seem like I'm being to picky or did we get screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
        I will pm the outfit if interested. Does it seem like I'm being to picky or did we get screwed?
        You got shafted IMO, very much doubt that field was disked overnight, or even scouted, sorry to hear about the hunt

Comment

If you want to give a review in public, have the cajones to name the outfitter. Otherwise keep it to yourself. That’s my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Comment

Sounds like bad deal. Where were you?

Comment

That's sloppy and lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                If you want to give a review in public, have the cajones to name the outfitter. Otherwise keep it to yourself. That’s my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.
                I agree post up the outfitter/guide.

I question why yall are hunting snows out of aframes

I doubt the field was disc's over night

Lots of fly by night guide services out there that don't have the property to constantly put clients on birds so they just hunt a field and say you should have been here yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I had full intentions of naming them if they were in the wrong to keep other people from getting screwed. But why so bitter?

Comment

Sorry your hunt turned out like it did. I wouldn't recommend any outfitter this year for late season snow goose hunt with the poor hatch.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      I agree post up the outfitter/guide.

I question why yall are hunting snows out of aframes

I doubt the field was disc's over night

Lots of fly by night guide services out there that don't have the property to constantly put clients on birds so they just hunt a field and say you should have been here yesterday.
                      They were the "pros" only hunted snows one other time so wasn't exactly sure what to expect. But I dang sure ain't new to waterfowl hunting. Maybe they get a lot of new guys that dont know any better.

Comment

I had full intentions of naming them if they were in the wrong to keep other people from getting screwed. But why so bitter?

He’s not being bitter bud...he’s telling it like it is. Y’all got chingalaid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          He’s not being bitter bud...he’s telling it like it is. Y’all got chingalaid...

Oh I'm sure of that. More so referring to the cajones remark.

Comment

Oh I'm sure of that. More so referring to the cajones remark.

You got shafted and didn’t even get a reach around everything they did wrong is stated above! Post the name tho.....

Comment

2w outfitters in stuttgart

Comment

Working...
                              X