Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Trick" or Treat...

Rattler brought home BACON to eat!

Went up to the lease in Sabinal on Friday morning pulling my Pap's travel trailer. With him being 78 yrs old I dont like him going up there to fill feeders or pull his trailer by himself....especially after our friends accident 2 weeks ago there. We got everything set up around 3:30pm and I looked at my grandmother and asked if she wanted to sit on her stand. She looked at Pap and said "Get yer butt in gear and lets go!"

Pap dropped me off after we got my grandmother situated. I sat in the stand for about 40 min then the dinner bell went off. Shortly after I had a 2.5yr old 6pt eating hand-thrown corn on the road. He ate and left. After about 30-45min of nothing but hearing pig squeels in the far distance I started to dose off. I was abruptly awakened by leaves crunching underneath me. I looked to see a lone boar about 125lbs. He worked his way to the feeder to get the yellew gold nuggets. I hit the record button on the camera. Finally after waitng about 5min he fed into the clear broadside at 16 yds. I pulled back my Hoyt Trykon with the Slick Trick tipped Blackhawk Vapor. Picked a spot and touched the release. SMACK! - WWWRRREEEEEEEK! (in my best Buck Medley voice) I watched him wheel around and fall about 30 yds from where he was shot. I felt secure that he was dead since I had a complete pass through with the shot. I went to the location at the feeder, no blood. I followed his path he ran on his death march, no blood. I walked up to him no blood - nowhere except on him! I drug him to the road and waited for my grandfather to come get me. When I was gutting him up at camp I wanted to know where I hit in the vitals. On his hide, no extrodinairy hole entry or exit. The heart was clipped as well as the lungs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TBHpic.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	24715988

Now thats what I call a family! How old is grandmother? BTW nice pig ya got there too Rattler!

Comment

Grandma aka Nanna is 75 and Paps is 78

Comment

Good looking pork and nice shot placement

Comment

Grand Ma Rules! Enjoy Her Every Chance You Get.

Comment

Congrats on the pork

Comment

Great stuff Rattler, glad to see an animal on the ground. Hows your friend and fellow lease partner doing?

Comment

Nice hog, congrats!

Comment

congrats on the pork

Comment

Congrats on the bacon

Comment

Spur, he is doin Ok. He has had puenomia which has made them hold off on a much needed surgery. Thats about all I know as of Sunday.

Comment

Nice shooting! Congrats on the pork.

Comment

Congrats, Rattler!

Comment

Congrads Rattler!Arrow poked pork rocks!

Comment

congrats. i spend all the time i can with my grandparents.

Comment

Working...
                              X