Whatdoya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatdoya think?

Im hunting on a 20 acre orchard in Parker County with another less experienced hunter that shoots anything even close to legal. Whatdoya think, should I take this one? Im just a little disappointed in his mass

Since it seems to be the norm here, whats the guesses on the age and score?

Last edited by devalke; 10-09-2013, 07:50 PM.

Pic?

Comment

Regardless if the pic, if you shoot that deer, he's as old as he gets.

Have you talked with your lease partner?
      Maybe show him pictures and share your thoughts...

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
        Pic?
        Im trying, did i mention i hate apple

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Regardless if the pic, if you shoot that deer, he's as old as he gets.

Have you talked with your lease partner?
          Maybe show him pictures and share your thoughts...
          Were hunting for free and he's seen pictures. His comments were he's clearing a spot on the wall for this one.

Comment

Just depends on what part of the county your hunting some areas hold giants one might wonder threw when the rut gets closer

Comment

As far as 8's go I like that one!! Nice length in G2's and 3's! he is a young deer though and his 1's arent much...

I passed on an 8 similar last year his G2's were just as long but they had a cork screw look to them... I rattled him in, had the shot opportunity, but passed, never saw him before or again.

BTW your buddy is an inexperienced hunter, that deer comes in WELL after Dark... He may never get a shot at him... Especially with a bow.

If you dont like him I wouldnt take him just so another guy cant.
              Last edited by Coach W; 10-10-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Dead deer don't grow.

Home Depot sells deer repellent for your garden and your friends boots.... just a crazy idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  As far as 8's go I like that one!! Nice length in G2's and 3's! he is a young deer though and his 1's arent much...

I passed on an 8 similar last year his G2's were just as long but they had a cork screw look to them... I rattled him in, had the shot opportunity, but passed, never saw him before or again.

BTW your buddy is an inexperienced hunter, that deer comes in WELL after Dark... He may never get a shot at him... Especially with a bow.

If you dont like him I wouldnt take him just so another guy cant.
                  Good point I think Ill let him walk

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                    Dead deer don't grow.

Home Depot sells deer repellent for your garden and your friends boots.... just a crazy idea.
                    I like the way you think.

Comment

im not picky enough to let that deer walk. he may get bigger, he may get shot too, or freakin run over. who knows. id kill em if i got the chance. but you should do whatever you thinks best. i wont blame you either way

Comment

Working...
                      X