Help with brazoria county age/cull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with brazoria county age/cull

This buck has been hanging around a couple of camera and stands. I'm having a hard time figuring his age. Originally I thought 3.5 and letting him grow some and try to pass those split brow tine genes, the more I look though the more I'm thinking 4.5 and maybe he needs to be culled. We have quite a few 3-4 yr old bucks with 14-16 inch inside spreads and I'm thinking he may not get any wider.

Any input would be appreciated!
    We are on MLD so the antler restriction isn't an issue.
    Attached Files

Tough one. Body looks young,31/2,but he looks quite a bit older in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Tough one. Body looks young,31/2,but he looks quite a bit older in the head.
      3.5 is what I thought as well, until I seen him yesterday with three other 8 points. The eights all looked to be no older than 3.5 and this one had a considerably larger neck and was bullying the others around.

Comment

He is all he gonna be, my vote is to get him out of the herd. He is a bully and would run a smaller, younger buck out of the county.

Comment

hes crab clawed on the right so i would cull him but i think he has another year or two to grow!

Comment

looks 4.5 to me.

Comment

Comment

Brazoria county cull!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X