• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08-16-2011, 07:13 AM * #689
    ArmyHunter68
    Nubbin' Buck
    Hunt In: fort hood and surrounding areas

is there place around fort hood that does game processing? if so how do you bring it to them, just field dressed or do you need to skin it first?
    AH 68 I have been processing my own deer and pigs for quite some time
    I also cure and smoke all my own jerky summer sausage
    Bacon Ham just about anything done with meat that any processor
    Will do I have learned how to do it
    I am also able to smoke cheese if y'all are interested

Tie offer is for e eryone send me a PM and we can
    Work some thing out
    Last edited by flipajig; 08-18-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

X 3 on WHERE is ED, he is usually lurking and has his definate Navy wisdom, I hope for sure everything is OK on his end.

Flip that is a great offer for the processing for sure.

For all I will ba back in 3rd week in NOV, for good, contract has fallen apart due to politics cant say more than that, but anyone got any leads on work let me know.. Will take NOV and DEC off and get busy finding work, I hear it is very tight back in Texas now or work.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
        X 3 on WHERE is ED, he is usually lurking and has his definate Navy wisdom, I hope for sure everything is OK on his end.

For all I will ba back in 3rd week in NOV, for good, contract has fallen apart due to politics cant say more than that, but anyone got any leads on work let me know.. Will take NOV and DEC off and get busy finding work, I hear it is very tight back in Texas now or work.

Kevin, jump on CPOL(USA Jobs) and get your resume uploaded...plenty of jobs on there...also may look at FEMA...they are hiring out the backside...not sure if you have any Emergency Management background...but I'm pretty sure you have ran Operations/ S3 shops before...thing is you may have to leave The Great State though...but ya have to do what ya have to do......

Comment

Finally got a pic on my trail cam. Wasn't what I was hoping for.. I know there are deer in the area, When I pulled my card, I heard on snorting at me. Didn't see it, but atleast I heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
            Finally got a pic on my trail cam. Wasn't what I was hoping for.. I know there are deer in the area, When I pulled my card, I heard on snorting at me. Didn't see it, but atleast I heard it.

Choot it...yes, there are plenty of those on Fort Hood...will ruin a hunt in a heartbeat...Matt and I always looked for the places where there were no cows...that's like panning for gold on Fort Hood now days though

Comment

Brother I am right there with you. Me and a lot of other contractors here on Hood. I recieved my Lay-off notice on Monday. I have about a month. Some smart military leader has figured that they can fix the budget by getting rid of all of the contractors and make the soldiers do their jobs. The problem is there are no soldiers here to do the job we are doing. They sent a team over to look over our shoulders to see what we are doing so when we stop work they can take over, That is good but the very next monthe in Oct they deploy to Iraq. Boy somebody is thinking.
              Anybody need a retired broken Warrant Officer, would say I would work for peanuts but that is not true need a lot more than that I this old fart do do physical labor sorry. They just don't mak enough pain meds for me to do that.

Comment

Shawn good clear pic what kind of camera???

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. Let us know when you get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                    Brother I am right there with you. Me and a lot of other contractors here on Hood. I recieved my Lay-off notice on Monday. I have about a month. Some smart military leader has figured that they can fix the budget by getting rid of all of the contractors and make the soldiers do their jobs. The problem is there are no soldiers here to do the job we are doing. They sent a team over to look over our shoulders to see what we are doing so when we stop work they can take over, That is good but the very next monthe in Oct they deploy to Iraq. Boy somebody is thinking.
                    Anybody need a retired broken Warrant Officer, would say I would work for peanuts but that is not true need a lot more than that I this old fart do do physical labor sorry. They just don't mak enough pain meds for me to do that.
                    What??? Sorry to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                      What??? Sorry to hear.
                      Thanks

Comment

Sorry John,I hope that you will find something soon ,If I hear anything on my end i will let you know.

Comment

Call animal control and report animal cruelty. Maybe they would make the rancher move them off.

Comment

John, sorry to hear about the lay-off. I don't have any leads, other then applying for the city of Killeen managers position. I heard they offer a really nice severence package when you leave.

Comment

Tim I would but I am affraid I would be over qualified. We are talking about the City of Killeen the only place that pays a city manager you fire 3/4 million when his contract stated 400K . Yea I am over qualfied can't work there.

Comment

Hey all thanks for the kind words and all the info, THANKS JAMES, I will be all right, just bad buisness on this end with the company. Good thing is I can hunt most of the deer season and goof off cause mamma has done right by the bank account for sure. I will land a good job somewhere, Have Bronco will travel LOL.

James never thought of FEMA but yeah I got more Operations EOC background than I wish so I sure did check it out, got resume in, see what happens, have a travel trailer and will travel, if not there is always Iraq and Afghanistan again. I just want to stay home for a bit and get stable, maybe whack a few deer, seem like this is getting to be a pattern with the GOVT. Heck I wont even see my Med bennies for anothe 6 months from what the letter said, it has been suspended until then, go figure, glad I aint hurting for $$. This SUCKS BAD, But I got a good outlook on it.

Hoff them sure are some great pics, I think I have seen that cow before LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X