Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"OFFICIAL" Granger PHL 2019-2020

Let's get this party started!

The dog and I hike/scouted 10 miles yesterday. We kicked up 32 does, 1 big buck that was well outside his ears, chased 4 armadillos and found 2 heavily used bedding areas.

It was a little hot. Gunner just wanted to lay in all the water and blow bubbles.

Can you spot the armadillo hiding in last picture?
    Attached Files

There’s no deer out there worth chasing.

Comment

All the pigs got shot by the helo shooters too

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        There’s no deer out there worth chasing.
        That is a correct statement. Chasing would get very tiring. Deer have 4 legs and we would be at a terrible disadvantage!

Comment

Leaving smart *** remarks here......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lord not you again this year....

Comment

Yup, stuck with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all get a room!

Comment

Let's try to keep this year's thread on point, like, deer talk.

That being said, advice for new people being drawn...
                  1) Most people will not give public advice in the thread
                  2) Via PM a lot of guys on here, who will not be drawn, are more than willing to help
                  3) Put in your time and work, earn respect

Shoot me a PM if you need help, I learned a lot from our 1st time last year.

Comment

Oh boy

Comment

I am thinking about applying for the first time at Granger PHL this year. For those of you have hunted deer out there before, I have a quick questions. Under “Stands” in the Hunt Information, it states “According to APH Permit rules, no blind can be set up for more than 72 hours. A Gear tag containing name, address and date set must be attached to all stands, feeders and game cameras.”

Since you are allowed to use a feeder, can you leave a “stand” out there more than 72 hours that has a gear tag but not a “blind”? I would assume that since you can put a feeder up then you could put a stand up during the season and leave it out there, but the information was just worded weird. Thanks for help.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                        I am thinking about applying for the first time at Granger PHL this year. For those of you have hunted deer out there before, I have a quick questions. Under “Stands” in the Hunt Information, it states “According to APH Permit rules, no blind can be set up for more than 72 hours. A Gear tag containing name, address and date set must be attached to all stands, feeders and game cameras.”

Since you are allowed to use a feeder, can you leave a “stand” out there more than 72 hours that has a gear tag but not a “blind”? I would assume that since you can put a feeder up then you could put a stand up during the season and leave it out there, but the information was just worded weird. Thanks for help.
                        Not sure on the legality but it will very likely get stolen if you leave it.

I put in for Granger deer this year too, too bad theres none out there anymore

Comment

i've been putting in for Granger for at least 5 years, dang thing is hard to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                            i've been putting in for Granger for at least 5 years, dang thing is hard to win.
                            Didn't used to be but odds are better now that they make you buy the $48 APH permit before you can apply now.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                              Look at how many pics and topics are posted about it now compared to 5yrs ago (this thread for example). I've never seen so many deer pics posted as I have in the past 3 years.

Hardly any deer there but the proximity to Austin attracts people I guess..

Comment

Working...
                              X