Muzzle Loader Season Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzle Loader Season Question

Does this mean that anterless deer can only be taken on MLD properties?
    Attached Files

Thats the way I read it. I just glanced thru some of the county regsin the booklet and they all say the same.

Comment

Meaning that an antlerless permit is only required on mld. You can kill a doe or buck off of your over the counter tags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I read it as no antlerless except mld

Comment

Anything that that you could shoot opening day of the season you can shoot during ML.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Very confusing reg and is the same in my county...I don't think you can take a doe during ML.

Comment

The tag is only required on mld. You can take does. Just like archery season in a bunch of counties.

Comment

I'm with the can't take doe crowd. I always read it as Bucks only and the proof of the antlerless being killed in MLD had to have MLD Tag. Any antlerless outside MLD couldnt be killed.

Very well could be wrong but I don't shoot doe on this county yet so haven't really cared.

Comment

I wish we could archery hunt during ML season like louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Read it again. Does are legal, general season limits apply. Antlerless permits required ONLY ON MLD properties. Your tags are on your license.

Comment

What county is this? Because Bastrop county ML regs say antlerless “By” mld only. Since this says mld only required, I think does are legal for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You got MLD permits from state on the property you hunt? If you have not taken a AR buck yet, you can use a muzzleloader to take one. If you have not taken a legal spike yet, you can take one with a muzzleloader. No anterless unless you got MLD permit from state. This was clarified for me by GW in Wilson county.
                        Last edited by Radar; 01-14-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          You got MLD permits from state on the property you hunt? If you have not taken a AR buck yet, you can use a muzzleloader to take one. If you have not taken a legal spike yet, you can take one with a muzzleloader. No anterless unless you got MLD permit from state. This was clarified for me by GW in Wilson county.
                          Wilson county regs are different. See below.
                          Attached Files

Comment

They should change it and let us take one antlerless during archery or muzzle loader season

Comment

Y’all are overthinking this. Read the regs for your county and contact your game warden if any clarification is needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X