This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    It's not about agreeing with me-- it's about conversations devolving into personal attacks or name calling in direct conflict with the stated RoE above.
    Kind of like your Austin comment-- an unproductive personal attack. That's pretty benign, but it gets a lot worse and it seems like Michael is after respectful, civil dialogue. I'm with him on that.
    You have got to be kidding me. Calling out an administrator like this. Man, someone must've hurt your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      You have got to be kidding me. Calling out an administrator like this. Man, someone must've hurt your feelings.

lol
      I didn’t call him out, I said I agreed with his goals for the forum.

Comment

I will say this; I think that we (and myself included) often push the R.O.E.
        If we want to see this forum kept alive we are going to have to think a little more about our post.... the back button is your friend.

meltingfeather; I don't think you are my enemy, and I don't think anyone on this forum thinks you are the enemy.

I am sure we all have bigger fish to fry.

we need to find our common ground; if their is one; and try to work together.

you don't like things that I post and I don't like some things you post.

if it comes down to the nut cuttin' we will all be on the same side I think. imo

Comment

I hope you'll keep to your word-- I'm sure it's a lot to deal with, but this forum is full of flagrant violations of these "rules" that seem to go unchecked, despite your claim of "zero tolerance."
          If you won't do it I encourage you to pull the plug-- the level of rhetoric thrown around on this site is a black mark.
          Yes, you are calling him out and also telling him how to do his job. If you were my employee and said something like this, your be looking for another job. You're lucky he's a lot nicer than me.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            I will say this; I think that we (and myself included) often push the R.O.E.
            If we want to see this forum kept alive we are going to have to think a little more about our post.... the back button is your friend.

meltingfeather; I don't think you are my enemy, and I don't think anyone on this forum thinks you are the enemy.

I am sure we all have bigger fish to fry.

we need to find our common ground; if their is one; and try to work together.

you don't like things that I post and I don't like some things you post.

if it comes down to the nut cuttin' we will all be on the same side I think. imo

Yup— I’m making some changes to raise the bar on myself. Take a breath before hitting reply and ask if I’m adding value. Sage wisdom passed on by another member.

Comment

Positive comments.

We should all be able to discuss things that we may agree or disagree about with civility and respect for each other. The ideas are the topics, not the proponent of the ideas.

To say otherwise happens all too often elsewhere, and there is actually a Logical Fallacy named for the practice, called Argumentum Ad Hominem, which means to attack the person debating, rather than the point they are making. (Learned this in a grad school Logic class, btw, )

Comment

It's not about agreeing with me-- it's about conversations devolving into personal attacks or name calling in direct conflict with the stated RoE above.
                Kind of like your Austin comment-- an unproductive personal attack. That's pretty benign, but it gets a lot worse and it seems like Michael is after respectful, civil dialogue. I'm with him on that.
                Personal attack?
                So you feel the same way about Austin as the rest of us? Wasn’t meant as an attack. Just thought it interesting someone whining about the pace forum was from a very blue city...

I have to admit that it's kind of funny that you follow me to the Rules of Engagement thread to make a non-constructive personal attack!
                More whining...
                I posted 4 minutes after you. That would of bumped this thread to the top...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Personal attack?
                  So you feel the same way about Austin as the rest of us? Wasn’t meant as an attack. Just thought it interesting someone whining about the pace forum was from a very blue city...

More whining...
                  I posted 4 minutes after you. That would of bumped this thread to the top...

Best of luck to you in the upcoming bow hunting season.

Comment

Best of luck to you in the upcoming bow hunting season.
                    You too.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Bringing this back up for a much overdo revisit. Expect more frequent infractions for those that can't carry a civil discourse.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thank you, Michael.

Comment

Working...
                          X