No announcement yet.

Tax return question - Is it fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I say it was as EASY? No, I said a child costs the same. A child has to have clothes, eat, sleep, etc. Granted, some people can AFFORD to spend more on their children then others, but the BASIC necessities are the same. You have kids, cool. You should get the same EIC as the rich guy that has kids. A set amount per kid. You should not be allowed to get more then you paid in, while people like me, who has no kids and is single. Pays $15,000 a year in taxes, and gets to pay $20 bucks in April. That extra money over what you paid, just came out of that $15,000. You're welcome.

The person in my original post paid in around $3k, she gets $7500 back.....

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      There are a few mindsets expressed in this thread that are the epitome of what is wrong with our country.
      I agree 100%. Closed minded ness will be the downfall of us all!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        What is right and ethical by whose standards? Yours? Why should I be forced to live by your definition of ethics? And I am not trying to justify anything other than pointing out it is being done by ALL races and income levels, not just illegal immigrants or those on welfare already, as has been assumed by several people on this thread.

And at what point did I say I was entitled to anything? All I did was answer a question truthfully. Not my fault what the result of that answer is.
        You're attempting to justify people useing the system to get back more money than they paid in. The "refund" is a refund of extra money you pay in. Not a yearly allowance. It is immoral to take someone elses money. The other word for it is theft. And on TBH we hate theives. Legal theft has and is going on by people of all races. That doesn't make it any less of a theft. I strongly question the morality of anyone who defends theft of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
          You're attempting to justify people useing the system to get back more money than they paid in. The "refund" is a refund of extra money you pay in. Not a yearly allowance. It is immoral to take someone elses money. The other word for it is theft. And on TBH we hate theives. Legal theft has and is going on by people of all races. That doesn't make it any less of a theft. I strongly question the morality of anyone who defends theft of any kind.

Including TBH members that use the credit? And why on earth should I care what your opinion of my morality is? You don't know me any better than you know Oprah. Get over yourself.

Comment

It's called Tax REFUND for a reason - It's a refund on how much taxes you overpayed...

It's not called Tax BONUS CHECK

Comment

What is right and ethical by whose standards? Yours? Why should I be forced to live by your definition of ethics?
              Right and ethical isn't anyone individual's standard. It can simply be answered by asking yourself if you would want the same in return....

I have answered your question. Please answer mine.

If you get more in tax refund than you pay in taxes annually, how do you justify it?

Comment

Hittin F5 waiting on the answer, Playa.

Comment

Including TBH members that use the credit? And why on earth should I care what your opinion of my morality is? You don't know me any better than you know Oprah. Get over yourself.
                  All I am going to say is, when did I offer any opinion on you? And I don't know oprah... I have a job. Now I'll go back to it and let you get emotional with everyone else. =P
                  Last edited by roguecraft101; 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

What if we look at the tax code another way.

3 guy are on a deer lease. The lease cost $3000 total. The guy are all buddys and are all at diffrent income levels so they decide among themselves how to split the cost. First guy is wealth and decided to take on the majority of the cost and would pay $2000. 2nd guy does alright but is not rich and will take on the other $1000. 3rd guy is hurting for money and thanks the other two for covering his spot, he hunts for free.

The end of the season came and went and no one shot anything. The land owner felt horrible and wanted the guys to come back next year and decided to refund $1000 to the guys for there bad season. How should the money be split? Should the guy that hunted for free be entitled to some of the returned money?
                    Last edited by RatherBhuntin; 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

^ Nice

Comment

I have commenced on eating my popcorn

Comment

Last edited by Humper; 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I have to post this, because it's related to this thread lol....Kinda vulgar, but you get the idea
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
                              What if we look at the tax code another way.

3 guy are on a deer lease. The lease cost $3000 total. The guy are all buddys and are all at diffrent income levels so they decide among themselves how to split the cost. First guy is wealth and decided to take on the majority of the cost and would pay $2000. 2nd guy does alright but is not rich and will take on the other $1000. 3rd guy is hurting for money and thanks the other two for covering his spot, he hunts for free.

The end of the season came and went and no one shot anything. The land owner felt horrible and wanted the guy to come back next year and decided to refund $1000 to the guy for there bad season. How should the money be split? Should the guy that hunted for free be entitled to some of the returned money?
                              Ok one more reply before I go back to work lol.

I know this!!

Answer: Give the $1000 to the guy who makes the less as a "catch up fund" because he has a lower paying job. Then the land over should be required to take an additional $1000 out of his savings and pay $500 to the middle income because he felt left out and then another $500 to the lower income because he complained bout the middle income recieving anything. At the end of the day the guy who doesn't contribute gets a paycheck, the guy who doesn't make much gets a small refund and the guy who worked hard in school, sacraficed partying and being lazy for college and a part time job and then spends 10-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week of his life either working or driving back and forth from work fronts the bill.

End result = the bottom two guys vote to keep the same lease next year. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                Right and ethical isn't anyone individual's standard. It can simply be answered by asking yourself if you would want the same in return....

I have answered your question. Please answer mine.

If you get more in tax refund than you pay in taxes annually, how do you justify it?
                                I suppose I justify it just like the millions of other who use the EIC. I fill in the blanks for how much I made, how much I paid and what I claimed for dependants. Then I answer the rest of the questions honestly. And then click the "calculate return" button. The magic machine does the math and I move on with my life.

Pretty simple. If someone offers you twice of anything and all you have to do is answer a few questions honestly they why wouldn't you do it? And don't for a second try to make anyone believe you wouldn't do the same thing if given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X