School me on 6.7L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on 6.7L

Looking at getting a new to me 1ton. Dont know much about diesels. Trying to find out how good the 6.7l motors hold up. I know the 5.9l is the tank of cummins, but notsure about the 6.7. Any input would be thankful.

I have a 18 ram 6.7 and so far 44k flawless miles. Soon as the warranty is up, it will get deleted.

Comment

It's the best diesel ford has ever put out.

Comment

I have a 6.7 cummins with 145K on it but it's fully deleted and tuned. Trucks runs good and pulls my 15k camper well.

Comment

Ford or Dodge?
          Last edited by WItoTX; 08-06-2020, 06:37 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Ford or Dodge?
            And what do you plan to shoot with it? Lol

Comment

OP jk. I’ve got a 2017 F-350 with the 6.7, and I can’t say that I have any complaints about the truck or motor. The Cummins 6.7 does get better fuel mileage than the Powerstroke variety, but in a 1 ton that’s probably not much of a concern.

Comment

Pretty sure he is talking about the Cummins. I have the 6.7 Powerstroke and dad has the 6.7 Cummins. Other than the ribbing we give each other they have both been great trucks.

Comment

I've grown to like my 6.7 cummins better than my 5.9 cummins. I had 199k on my first 5.9, 299k on my 2011 6.7, and just under 100k on my current 6.7 cummins. These have all been personal trucks. I've had a handful of company trucks with em as well.

As far as reliability, the 6.7 cummins are every bit as reliable as the 5.9 as long as you delete them. Most of the problems that guys encounter are emissions related. My 2011 6.7 cummins that had 300k miles never gave me any problems besides the emissions.
                  Last edited by Arrowthreat; 08-06-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I was asking about the cummins sorry, I will be pulling toys and a tractor back and forth from my property only about 1.5 hrs. And will probably be my daily driver.

Comment

I have a 2012 Cummins with 175k on it and no issues at all.

It was deleted and head studs installed at 100k miles. That being said, I won’t deal with the hassles of deleting when I get a newer one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My 2017 2500 is about to roll 140k all stock at 135k had a hub bearing go out nothing but routine maintenance

Comment

Guys who have over 100k, how often do you service your 68 RFE trany?

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                            It's the best diesel ford has ever put out.
                            Guess you don't remember the 7.3 powerstroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              Guess you don't remember the 7.3 powerstroke.
                              I have been eyeing these pretty hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X