Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Traditional

Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
bob sarrels
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tilden, Tex and where ever
Default Testimonials for Sarrels bows

Hey folks, would like a great favor.

If you own or have owned one our bows I would ask if you would post any testimonials about your feelings about our bows and perhaps add any photos you might have.

Zach is starting a new page on our site and asked for this. It will all be posted on the new site.

Thanks, Bob
bob sarrels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
Ron
Pope & Young

Hunt In: USA, Concho County and S.E.Colorado

I have two Sarrels bows and at one time I think I had five. Just buying this many of them speaks of how much I like them. I have shot several brands and owned several other bows over the years, but these are some of the best bows around. Everyone that I have started in the traditional shooting, now owns a Sarrels bow.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
ShaBow
Ten Point

Hunt In: A Tree

Sarrels bows twice the bow at almost 1/2 the price!

Last edited by ShaBow; 02-10-2014 at 05:42 PM..
ShaBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
BowBuddy
Ten Point

I use it to shoot right next to all my other bows, its a great 3D bow and good for hunting. I went to pick up a Foothills for my 11yo son and Bob asked me to try the adult version of that bow and I was impressed with the Blackhills model and its shootability, I was hitting right where I was looking and its a longbow with no handshock. My BlackHills model is 45# and 58" long, it handles heavy arrows real well.
Great Job Bob!!!
Paul M.
San Antonio Texas
BowBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
Oneway
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the stand w/Hayley Bug

Greatness.........will add some contributions as well Bob!
Oneway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
SamHarper
Ten Point

***Bob, I have difficulty being succinct, so feel free to use as much of this as you want and edit anything out however you see fit.***

I saw my first Sarrels bow several years ago at Archery Country in Austin. It was a longbow with an unusually long riser, and I was curious about it. The store let me shoot it, and I was really impressed with how there was absolutely no hand shock at all. Unfortunately, I was a starving college student at the time and couldn't afford to buy one, but it made me want to experiment with longer risers in my own bows in hopes of getting the same performance.

Fast forward to 2012, and I was no longer a starving college student. I called Bob, expressed interest in his bows, and he invited me out. I expected that since I made bows, and Bob did it for a living, that he might be reluctant to share a lot of information with me, and I didn't ask. But when I got there, I found him to be very open and generous with information. He'd ask me how I did something, then show me how he did it.

I told him about having shot that longbow a long time ago and what I liked about it. By this time, he had several different models that he didn't have back then, and one by one, he'd put a bow in my hand and say, "Try this!" I shot lots of bows that day and was leaning toward getting a recurve.

I was so impressed, not only with Bob's bows, but with Bob himself, that I decided to go all out and commission him to make me a custom bow, sparing no expense. I settled on a Puma take down recurve with a cocobola riser and myrtle limbs. He showed me some of the myrtle wood he had as well as some other options, like Asian satinwood. We finally went with the Asian satinwood.

When the bow was finally done, and I went to pick it up, I was blown away. I had what I thought was a clear picture in my head of how it would look, but I was not prepared for the stunner he showed me, and I could hardly believe it was mine. It is the most beautiful bow I've ever owned, and it's a wonderful shooter. It has everything you could possibly want--it feels good, it has a smooth draw, it's quiet, and it's fast. The only problem with it is that it's so beautiful, I sometimes catch myself looking at the bow instead of the target when I shoot.

Saying it's a beautiful bow is one thing, but proving it is another. Here is the proof.

Although performance matters a lot to me, I am a sucker for beautiful bows. I got my new Puma in January of 2013. That summer, I went to visit Bob again, and he had a beautiful Lynx with waterfall bubinga limbs and a riser made out of cocobola with some of the sap wood. He told me about how he considered cutting the sap wood out but decided to keep it in. He made the right decision because the contrast was just stunning.

He had finger grooves in the riser which I don't ordinarily like, but he let me shoot it, and it fit my hand perfectly. Of all the bows I shot that day, it seemed to be the best performer. Of course that may all be psychosomatic. Like I said, I'm a sucker for beautiful bows. I couldn't afford the bow that day and wasn't sure I really needed another one anyway, but I went home hoping nobody else would buy it.

It wasn't until November that I could afford it, and by then I had made up my mind that I had to have it. So I called Bob (pbuh) to see if he still had it, and he did. So I went over there and got it. I love showing these bows off to people who come over. Here's the Lynx:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=422657
SamHarper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
SamHarper
Ten Point

^^^A link to the lynx. Ha! I made a funny!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #8
Rudyl
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Webb County

Hi Bob,
I got my Sarrels Blueridge from Matt (Trick) here on TBH and am amazed with the workmanship and feel of this bow.
After seeing some of those bows you brought down with you this weekend, I'm going to have to put some stuff in the classified to get me of those that you brought with you to shoot and I appreciate you allowing me to shoot them also.
It was truly a pleasure to have you down here.
Rudyl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #9
moe monsarrat
Six Point

Hunt In: Blanco Co.

I own three Bob Sarrels longbows. I've owned a lot of different bows over the years and I rate Bob's with the very best. With my extra long draw, the right design, workmanship & materials are crucial to the bow's survival. I have destroyed many bows with the demands I put on them, but never one of Bob's. Here's a 66" Superstition that's gone way past the required 5000 shots to pass The Gorilla Test with no damage at full draw. The arrow is an uncut 33" shaft. You can TRUST a Sarrels Archery longbow.
Attached Images

moe monsarrat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #10
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

"What it lacks in speed , it makes up in hand shock"

I'm sorry, I have been waiting to use that line ever since I heard you say it
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
hammackc
Ten Point

Hunt In: My House, Fredericksburg

Well Bob, I keep buying them!
hammackc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #12
rubydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A tall tree

"It ain't the bow it's the monkey pulling the string back"
rubydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #13
jreyna920
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

I'm on it.... Tell Zach to keep an eye out for my testimony and harvest pics....
jreyna920 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
Centex
Eight Point

My first traditional bow was a used original Mountain Longbow Sierra. That bow introduced me to traditional archery and to the great Sarrels family. I passed that bow on to a good friend starting his traditional archery journey and bought a Blueridge SR. My son owns a lil Newt and my nephew got a Sprout this Christmas. You could say I like a Sarrels bow.
Centex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #15
Bisch
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
"What it lacks in speed , it makes up in hand shock"

I'm sorry, I have been waiting to use that line ever since I heard you say it
Neither accurate, nor true!

Well, I have owned plenty of Sarrels bows over the years, and my go-to bow right now is my Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow. All of my Sarrels bows have been plenty fast and had no noticeable hand shock. Bob is a great guy and makes a great line of traditional bows. All of his different designs means that there will most likely be a bow to fit just about anyone! I have owned other bows throughout my time in traditional archery, but I always seem to pick up one of my Sarrels bows when it is time to go hunting. That says it all about how I feel about Sarrels bows!

Jerry Bischoffberger (aka "Bisch")

Here are a few pics of critters I have shot with a Sarrels bow!

Name:  2-22-13 Sow4.JPG
Views: 1167
Size:  172.4 KB

Name:  7-27-13 Catalina Goat (12).JPG
Views: 1172
Size:  193.8 KB

Name:  3-20-13 Bearded Hen (8).JPG
Views: 1098
Size:  236.4 KB

Name:  12-3-13 Little Boar 00002.JPG
Views: 1095
Size:  161.6 KB

Name:  11-6-13 Hen 00004.JPG
Views: 1054
Size:  258.9 KB

Name:  1-3-14 Doe 00022.JPG
Views: 1043
Size:  192.2 KB

Name:  11-08 10 point 006.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  11-08 Javelina 007.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  Kudu 5.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  80.1 KB

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 02-11-2014 at 09:51 AM..
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
moreammo
Eight Point

I have had 3 Sarrells bows and loved all of them. Black Hills II (first one Zach ever made), Bobcatt and Blue Ridge S/R. They are smooth and every single one was easy to tune and get accurate with. Top that off with Bob and Zach being a couple of the nicest guys to work with and outstanding craftsmanship you have a winning combination!

Jon Manes
moreammo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #17
splitfinger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Behind the House

Beautiful, Efficient, Fast, Forgiving, Great Folks to do business with. What more can I say. Love my Blue Ridge S/R.
splitfinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #18
rubydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A tall tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisch View Post
Neither accurate, nor true!

Well, I have owned plenty of Sarrels bows over the years, and my go-to bow right now is my Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow. All of my Sarrels bows have been plenty fast and had no noticeable hand shock. Bob is a great guy and makes a great line of traditional bows. All of his different designs means that there will most likely be a bow to fit just about anyone! I have owned other bows throughout my time in traditional archery, but I always seem to pick up one of my Sarrels bows when it is time to go hunting. That says it all about how I feel about Sarrels bows!

Jerry Bischoffberger (aka "Bisch")

Here are a few pics of critters I have shot with a Sarrels bow!

Attachment 598161

Attachment 598162

Attachment 598163

Attachment 598164

Attachment 598165

Attachment 598166

Attachment 598167

Attachment 598168

Attachment 598169

Bisch
He asked for a TESTIMONIALS not a dadgum essay and a photo album..
rubydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #19
bubba1986
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can climb a tree!

I inherited my first Sarrels bow from my dad when he passed away in '08. It is a Sierra that he had bob build in I think '01 or '02. My son is now 13 and when he can draw the bow comfortably he will be the third generation of green to shoot and hunt with this bow. That to me says a lot about the quality of bow that bob builds. I also have a Teton and a bobcatt that I purchased used and they are equally impressive bows. My son also currently shoots a superstition that you couldn't pry from his hands he loves it. We are and always will be a Sarrels bow family.

Heath Green
bubba1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #20
Bisch
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob sarrels View Post
Hey folks, would like a great favor.

If you own or have owned one our bows I would ask if you would post any testimonials about your feelings about our bows and perhaps add any photos you might have.

Zach is starting a new page on our site and asked for this. It will all be posted on the new site.

Thanks, Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydog View Post
He asked for a TESTIMONIALS not a dadgum essay and a photo album..
Once again, not accurate, nor true! (and I got a lot more pics too!)

Bisch
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #21
hoythunter28
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leaseless!!!!

First recurve that I bought was a Sarrels Wildcatt, I got the bow from TradDoc on here. Best bow purchase I have ever made hands down! I quit shooting my compound and have fallen in love with archery all over again. I will be trying to take my first animal with it in march and when September gets here it will be my goto for my first ever elk hunt in the mountains. Flat shooting and hard hitting little recurve. I will own more of these quality bows!! Jason Nash
hoythunter28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #22
Chunky
Pope & Young

I have owned and shot several Sarrels bows. I have known Bob and considered him a friend for many years. He makes a quality product and any archer or bowhunter should be proud to own and shoot one. He stands behind his product and provides great customer service.

On my second trip to Africa, I shot a Sarrels takedown longbow, with the bow bolt. That bow has since been retired, but it performed very well on my trip. I would not have taken a bow all the way to Africa on such an important trip, if I did not have complete confidance in it.

One of the best things about dealing with Bob and Zach is the fact that they welcome people to come by and shoot bows and talk about archery. This is huge for folks that are just beginning and really don't know what they want or where to start.
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #23
Trick
Ten Point

I haven't run across a bow company yet that offers a custom bow at the prices you and Zak do that shoot as well and are simply works of art. The one on one customer experience and care you guys give us is top notch. Keep up the good work.

I also have a bunch of LDP I can send Zak in case you need someone a little better looking than Bisch.

Matt
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
Loreva13
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraan, TX, El Paso, TX, Van Horn, TX, and Fort Hancock, TX

I am a second hand owner of a Bobcatt I purchased from Mr. Jon Manes. Awesome bow to say the least. I have shot a few other recurves and longbows and the Sarrels sets itself apart. Tunes easy and shoots very smooth.
Loreva13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 12:24 AM   #25
live2hunt65
Pope & Young

Hunt In: ANY WHERE I CAN

I bought a great looking ridgecat recurve it shoots great thanks Bob
live2hunt65 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 02:15 AM   #26
triffnix
Ten Point

Since i got that bow about 2 year back its all i shoot.
Pretty fast extremely smooth and definitly the quietes bow i have ever had the pleasure to shoot!
Ill stick with it.

But sadly i have now LDPs with it to post...
But i can take a picture when i'm shooting it the next time on a 3d range..

Daniel
triffnix is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #27
Thunderwolf13
Six Point

there aren't words to describe the feeling of picking up a perfect bow, and that's just what every sarrells bow I've owned or shot has been, perfect, not to mention the beautiful piece of art that they are. I recommend them to everyone. not only are the bows great but the builder is even greater, Bob makes you feel like you've been family for years the minute you meet him and does what he can to find the bow that fits you. my family has greatly enjoyed our Bob Sarrells bows and will forever.
Attached Images

Thunderwolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #28
Deb
Pope & Young

I wouldn't shoot anything else. I have four of them and I don't know how many Arvin has. It's Sarrels or nothing for me.
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #29
trad"Doc"53
Pope & Young

Hunt In: None at Present

I have been through at least 11 different "custom" bows. Feel and looks were important to me and I can say I finally found the bow that "fits" me with the last bow I got from Sarrels Archery. It is incredibly smooth drawing, quiet, and just as fast as any other bows I've ever owned. The addition of Zach into the buisness is also bringing in some fresh ideas on the use of some different materials to bring a different and very appealing look to the bows. Both father and son are customer oriented and give plenty of personal attention to what the customer wants in thier new bow. There's lots lots of great bowyers out there but I was lucky enough to find mine in my back yard.
trad"Doc"53 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #30
G Posik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any place I can
Default Testimonials for Sarrels bows

I have a few Superstition Longbows and a couple Wildcat Recurves. These bows all fit me like a nice glove. With these bows I have been able to take some decent critters. These bows are simply a pleasure to shoot. Bob and Zach build some beautiful works of art, they have finally figured out that for me the black bow is best. Keep up the great work! I will post a few pictures when I get to my computer tomorrow.

Glenn

Last edited by G Posik; 02-13-2014 at 09:14 PM..
G Posik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #31
Bisch
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Posik View Post
Superstition Longbows and a couplecouple
Huh???????

Bisch
Old 02-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #32
G Posik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any place I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisch View Post
Huh???????

Bisch

Was trying delete something using Taparalk and hit the dang send by accident.

Glenn
G Posik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #33
ShaBow
Ten Point

Hunt In: A Tree

Everyone already knows how great Sarrels longbows are so I'm just gonna say the new Sarrels Ridgecat Recurve is awesome.I've shot lots of different recurves and this one is dead in hand and dead quiet.In fact its quieter than my longbows! Thanks Bob and Zach for the great bows and personalized service you put into every bow.
ShaBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #34
Arkie
Spike

Hunt In: Everywhere

I don't know how they shoot, but they are sure good looking bows. Bob is a top notch guys also. I just had the pleasure of sharing a camp with him. He told me that he had a recurve just for me...but he didn't bring it. USPS may be in order...

Arkie
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #35
HAWGHUNTER3473
Four Point

Hunt In: POTTSVILLE TX

Were do I start. I purchased my first longbow for Bob at a shoot in Salado Texas when he first started making bows. It's a Sierra My second sarrells bow is a Teton that I inherited from my dad when he passed away. The next sarrells bow is a blue ridge sr that I spent $25 dollars on raffle tickets at a shoot in Austin and won the bow. The last bow I got at the weaver shoot and I can tell you there is nothing that I have ever put in my hand feels as good or shoots as good as any if my sarrels bows. They are top notch folks and make a great product. I recommend them to anyone looking for a custom bow.
HAWGHUNTER3473 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #36
Trick
Ten Point

Zak asked that we put our photos on this thread. He's having issues getting pics from emails.

Name:  153k.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  153.2 KB
Name:  3M.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  167.4 KB
Name:  DSC01936.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  140.8 KB
Name:  200.JPG
Views: 690
Size:  145.8 KB
Name:  DSC01845.JPG
Views: 702
Size:  139.5 KB
Name:  DSC01842.JPG
Views: 708
Size:  149.6 KB
Name:  DSC02000.JPG
Views: 668
Size:  150.1 KB
Name:  DSC01675.JPG
Views: 683
Size:  141.3 KB
Name:  DSC01846.JPG
Views: 677
Size:  146.2 KB
Name:  DSC02045 - Copy.JPG
Views: 677
Size:  155.3 KB
Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 673
Size:  145.9 KB
Name:  spot.JPG
Views: 673
Size:  189.2 KB
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 AM   #37
earn2
Nubbin' Buck

Default My First Sarrels Custom Bow

It's been about a year since I've last posted. Bought a Samick Sage Recurve as my first intro. bow. LH #35 limbs and focused on the basics and form. Pretty much what many of you had recommended for a beginner. Moved up to #50 and got hooked. All this time reading posts about custom bows and who makes them. I'm in Austin, TX and read all the good things about Bob. I also wanted to support a local bowyer. Bob and Zach are really great people. Spent time talking to me about my needs and shot all his left handed bows. I wanted a bow for hunting and some 3D, which I now hope to do more of. I chose his Ridgecatt Recurve for him to make for me. Wow! Fast, smooth, and the 53#@28 draws so smooth it feels much lighter than the actual draw weight. Bambo limbs with black glass face and back and I forgot the wood name for the riser. My grandson is LH and will pass this down to him some day. Bob is also making me some hunting and target arrows for my bow. When I picked up my bow he had me put some arrows in some hay. He didn't like the flight and asked me if I would let him order a heavier arrow for my bow. He wanted them flying perfect off this bow. Great service and I've been shooting arrows I have every chance I get. Here are some pictures. Thanks Bob! All my bows will be made by Bob and Zach in the future. - Ernest
Working on getting pictures from album.
earn2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2014, 08:26 AM   #38
Selfbowman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ya'll take Me

I met Bob in 2004 and purchased my first longbow from him. He has become one of my closest friends in life,built me I don't know how many bows. Hunted and fished with him ,heard probably a thousand jokes from him. Did a trade with Zachary and him a selfbow for a fine three piece long bow that is going to Africa with me. His bows are as good as they come and so is his and Zach's character ,unmatched. I can't say enough about Sarrels Archery. Arvin

Last edited by Selfbowman; 07-31-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Selfbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2014, 08:42 AM   #39
Selfbowman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ya'll take Me
Cool

Here is a pic of some of the buckles Deb won with one of his recurves. Ya she likes it.
Attached Images

Selfbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #40
Deb
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfbowman View Post
Here is a pic of some of the buckles Deb won with one of his recurves. Ya she likes it.
Some of those buckles were won with longbows, too. All Sarrels. You can spend more money but you can't buy a better bow.
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2014, 11:57 PM   #41
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress

Over 15 years of trying to kill a P&Y buck with a compound, and my sarrels got it done the first year
JTeLarkin08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #42
El Coop
Eight Point

I could go on and on about the quality materials and the craftsmanship Bob and Zack put into their bows. I could say a lot of good things about the experience of shopping in Bob's back yard and how helpful they both are. But I think I will just say I've bought 12 so far, that about covers it.
El Coop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #43
Texas5o
Ten Point

Hunt In: Haskell County

Where do I start? I met Bob at a 3D shoot in Fredricksburg many years ago. I was shooting an old compound (with fingers and no release aid) at the time. Bob was only making the Sierra longbows at that time and introduced me to one. Not too long after that I bought a used Sierra from an acquaintance of mine and I was hooked. Since then I have bought more Sarrels bows than I can count, both longbows and recurves. I've owned and/or shot a number of other brands of bows as well but my Sarrels bows are always my "go-to" traditional bows.
Over the years Bob has become one of my best friends. (I even wrote a song about him). His customer service is top notch and his (and Zack's) bows are as good as it gets, especially for the price.
All but one of my traditional archery animal harvests have been with Sarrels bows. I don't take as many pictures as Bisch but I'll try to find a couple to post whenever I get my computer back up. (Don't know how to do it with my phone).
Texas5o is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2014, 02:50 AM   #44
Greywolf in Hawaii
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hawaiian Islands

Aloha Ya All

A couple years ago, I had the pleasure of a hunting trip to Texas. I had spoken with Bob on TBH a few times. He being the gentleman that he is, Invited me to stop by the shop for a visit. What a great way to spend the day. I'd ask a question and then just sit and listen, compared how I do things being a "once in a while" builder to a production shop like he has.

I shot his own personal favorite hunting Longbow, true to every story I have heard, it was a great shooter, very consistent, east to shoot, very repeatable grip. Just a pleasure to shoot.
As the day went on, I kept noticing the handle shape. I just flat out liked the shape of the riser, short, well balanced and easy to handle.
I walked back into the shop and said, Ok Bob, tell me price that I can't refuse !

He looked at me and the silence was deafening. He knew the look in my eyes, he knew, I was serious. He said for you Mark, it'll be this much. I smiled and pulled out the wallet. He quickly followed up with, the quiver isn't included now !! I laughed and said no problem.

After a fabulous dinner by his wife, he said stay the night and leave tomorrow all rested, If she cooks like that for dinner, breakfast must be even better ! I accepted.

The next day I packed up and headed south to visit another friend for a few days.
One the way back to the Austin airport, I again swung by as Bob had reached a Milestone!
He had build his 1,000 bow while I was down south, it was a even more special bow.

Bob handed it to me (like I was some expert) it was a thing of beauty. He handed me 3 of his hunting kill sticks and I felt a sense of privilege to shoot such a special bow.

I stepped to the 20 yard line, spied a speck and sent a arrow directly to the spot, then another, then another, this bow was awesome. I had just grouped 3 arrows the size of a golf ball into the deer target at 20 yards !!
As I strutted (yeah, I did) to get the arrows I was smiling thinking what a great bow,
As the thought was leaving I turned to see Bob at a fast pace with the bow heading back to the shop.... that was all she wrote. He said Your not getting this one !!!

What a great compliment about shooting a great bow.

If you ever want to get a custom bow, You can't go wrong with Sarrels Archery.
The Craftsmanship stands on it's own. You won't be sorry!

Hey Bob, I was thinkin... ahhh.. Never mind.
Greywolf in Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #45
SamHarper
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf in Hawaii View Post
I'd ask a question and then just sit and listen, compared how I do things being a "once in a while" builder to a production shop like he has.
I wish I could've been a fly on the wall during that conversation.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #46
earn2
Nubbin' Buck

Default Pictures of my bow from Bob

Met Birch at Bob's today when I went to pick up the arrows Bob made and he showed me how to post pictures. As I promised from my previous
post, here are the pictures of my new bow. A tuned bow with a correctly spined arrow makes for a happy archer! Thanks again Bob and Zach.
Birch, I look forward to meeting up with you and the guys in the near future. Now I need to reply to 15 people so I can reply to messages. Looking forward to it.
Name:  IMG_0577 (2) (502x640).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  230.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0579 (480x640).jpg
Views: 683
Size:  235.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0580 (480x640).jpg
Views: 272
Size:  226.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0581 (480x640).jpg
Views: 268
Size:  182.4 KB
Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #47
Bisch
Pope & Young

"Birch" - I am not named after a tree!!!!!!!

The name is Bisch..........and it was nice meeting you today Earnest!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 08-12-2014 at 09:46 PM..
Old 08-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #48
Skunklady
Eight Point

Luv me some Sarrels longbows! Got 3 of them and all shoot great! One of them even says "never **** of a skunk"! I Luv it!
Skunklady is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #49
earn2
Nubbin' Buck

Bisch,
My bad, I was just excited about posting my pics. after you explained how to do it.

Ernest :-)
Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #50
Bisch
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by earn2 View Post
Bisch,
My bad, I was just excited about posting my pics. after you explained how to do it.

Ernest :-)
No problem Earnest! If you knew how my name has been butchered by all kinds of folks all my life, you would get a laugh out of it!

See ya soon!

Bisch