broadhead POI & field tip POI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broadhead POI & field tip POI.

This is how my bow is shooting right now. No adjustments to rest yet(bh tuning).
    Attached Files

No blades????

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      No blades????
      Checking if blades had any cause to the arrow flight.

Comment

No blades????
        Prolly took off the replaceable blades, so basically turned it back to a FT.

Comment

[ATTACH]369861[/ATTACH]

Comment

stiff spine

increase the bow one crank and re-shoot. they should get closer together left and right

Comment

yup Talltex chart shows it.

if you go up and they group better just fine tune until they are on top of each other, you'll get some elevation change but don't worry about that until you get the spine right. if you don't like the weight you can a. go to a weaker spine shaft or b. same shaft but add some length.

Comment

After "bh" tune.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                  yup Talltex chart shows it.

if you go up and they group better just fine tune until they are on top of each other, you'll get some elevation change but don't worry about that until you get the spine right. if you don't like the weight you can a. go to a weaker spine shaft or b. same shaft but add some length.
                  shooting 59lbs with 500 arrows at 27inch arrows. Beemans chart say I should be shooting 400's.

Comment

Your rest needs to be moved to the right. Do this in smaqll incraments until your field points and broadheads match up. You will need to sight your bow in again after you do this. Note that moving your rest will affect both your field point and broadhead POI, but i will affect your broadheads considerablely more. It coiuld also be what txdukklr said. What arrows, spine and length, are you shooting? Also what bow and what poundage are you shooting?

Comment

attempted to bh tune
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sodapop15 View Post
                        Your rest needs to be moved to the right. Do this in smaqll incraments until your field points and broadheads match up. You will need to sight your bow in again after you do this. Note that moving your rest will affect both your field point and broadhead POI, but i will affect your broadheads considerablely more. It coiuld also be what txdukklr said. What arrows, spine and length, are you shooting? Also what bow and what poundage are you shooting?
                        Well following eastons bh tune chart its saying what you guys are saying. but moving it 2 hash marks moved my bh close to center but then shot my field tips of to the right by a couple inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
                          shooting 59lbs with 500 arrows at 27inch arrows. Beemans chart say I should be shooting 400's.
                          You are well underspined sir. You will have a difficult time with ur broadheads like that. If you get it to hit wt ft's being undersined, well itll be a chore. More importantly your penetration could suffer due the paradox the arrow will go thru being underspined. The archers paradox will be excessive.

Comment

When ur moving the rest, start with VERY small adjustments. They will affect the Broadheads much more than field points in most situations.

Comment

You are well underspined sir. You will have a difficult time with ur broadheads like that. If you get it to hit wt ft's being undersined, well itll be a chore. More importantly your penetration could suffer due the paradox the arrow will go thru being underspined. The archers paradox will be excessive.
                              edited.. not paying attention.
                              Last edited by Skullworks52; 07-30-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X