No announcement yet.

Everyone leaving Mathews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does seem to me there has been more movement in the last few years as opposed to previous years. Reo went to Elite and I saw someone shooting a Prime the other day as well.

I think it has to do more with the endorsement money and payouts though.

I feel like target shooters spend more on gear but hunters far outweigh the target shooters in sheer numbers.

For most it will be determined by what their favorite hunting celebrity shoots and promotes rather than what the target archers shoot and promote.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
      I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't recognize a single name mentioned in this thread. So I guess "everyone" is a relative term
      Same here. Is it really important what those guys use? Does the kind of car some Formula I driver uses really affect what you buy down at the dealership?

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
        I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't recognize a single name mentioned in this thread. So I guess "everyone" is a relative term
        Right there with you.

Comment

Who cares about "who" is leaving? If u like ur bow, keep shooting it and keep buying the brand. Tv personalities don't matter when it comes down to shooting wild game or at a target. What matters is you. I've had 3 Mathews and will never change. Killed deer and hogs with em. If joe blow leaves the co., I doubt it'll effect me or my shooting. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
            Same here. Is it really important what those guys use? Does the kind of car some Formula I driver uses really affect what you buy down at the dealership?
            Somewhat in the tournament world , yes. And by somewhat I mean very little. JMO!!

Comment

Bow "pro staffers" seem to be as bad as fishing. 10% off drama queens everywhere. Bow game is a fad game just like fishing it seems. Something different hit every year.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Bow "pro staffers" seem to be as bad as fishing. 10% off drama queens everywhere. Bow game is a fad game just like fishing it seems. Something different hit every year.
                There is no way they are as bad as bass fishing pro staffers.

Comment

These guys are not 10% off folks. These are the real deal Pros that could or should be able to get a deal wherever they go

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    There is no way they are as bad as bass fishing pro staffers.
                    Amen to that.

Comment

I know Alex Wifler has gone to PSE not sure why LOL but us archery nerds follow the pros just like people follow there favorite NFL players

Comment

Plus Levi is going back to Matthews!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          Those are recurve and Mathews doesn't make recurve.

And as far as the OP, like FishNDude - I didn't leave. Neither did Braden Gellenthian. Or Kailey Johnson. Or Sharon Carpenter. Or Sherry Hott. Neither did Jackie Caudle. Or Bob Morgan. or Burley Hall. Or Dan McCarthy. Or Emily Veyna-McCarthy. ...

do you need more big names? If you don't think those are big names, try Google.

And, I personally talked to some that you are concerned about. They still LOVE Mathews and appreciate everything they've done for them. Did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe, Jeff Hopkins and the Moreheads are retiring? After all, they didn't mention any company they are moving to.
                          Not sure about the Moreheads, but Jeff is not retiring.

This is from Tara (Jeff's wife) FB page.

"After careful consideration, Jeff Hopkins has decided not to shoot Mathews Archery equipment effective 11/1/16. He appreciates Mathews Archery for their support for 18 years. He is excited to now be testing bows from different companies to determine which one he will align with for 2017 forward.

More news to follow!"

Comment

It's an election year!

Comment

I could care less who does or does not shoot a Mathews, it is my preferred bow and that is what I will continue to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by axe man View Post
                                all of the olympic shooters used hoyt. I'll keep my helim and be happy for a long time!
                                same^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X