Sick kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick kids

Man we have had a go of illness in our house this winter and spring. Since Christmas we have averaged a sick kid every other week, a Dr visit every week, either for treatment or follow up. Our youngest has had the brunt of it. We have had multiple flu, strep, respiratory and stomach bugs.

This week she has had both respiratory that resulted in a late night ER visit and last night she woke up vomiting all over me, her crib and the kitchen floor!

Her pediatrician wants to test her for immune deficiencies.

Luckily both my wife and I have flexible jobs that allow us to work from home. But I think our employers are starting to think we have the sickest kids in history or we are making it all up.

It’s gettign old

Your kids still have their tonsils? My oldest boy had severe illnesses for several years until we had his tonsils removed. I'd say that easily stopped him getting sick by as much as 80-90%.

Comment

Been through the same thing. My son has been to the doctor 5 times daughter 3. All since January. Lots of $$ and lots of medicine. Single dad so my boss is getting pretty annoyed I’m sure. Thankfully he works with me. Last one was hand, foot, and mouth disease. Typically only effects babies and very your kids. My son is 9.5 and doctor said he is the oldest case he case ever seen of it. That’s the type of crap we have been dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daycare has given me flu, stomach bug and cold all within weeks of each other..."Daycare Ebola" is what I call it!

Comment

I feel you. I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old both in daycare. Since January it has been crazy. I don't think we had a week were both were there every day until the end of January. Since then the baby has gotten tubes and the oldest has gotten tubes again( she got the first set at 8 months) and her adenoids taken out.

But we had flu twice, which I also got both times and a stomach bug

Comment

That's one reason I don't like kids. Every time one of my grandkids gets sick I get it too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

i feel you, we pretty much wrote off the month of march due to multiple bugs/sickness at our house. my sweet kids and wife had a rough go at it, e.r. and urgent care visits abounded...i've heard similar from a few friends as well.

blessings on you guys for peace and health!

Comment

Been there bud, and to top it off my 4 year old broke his arm Monday

Comment

I know it sucks....luckily my crew has all been healthy this year ......relatively speaking.

sending some prayers up for you and Leah, Greg. prayin for the young'uns as well

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Man we have had a go of illness in our house this winter and spring. Since Christmas we have averaged a sick kid every other week, a Dr visit every week, either for treatment or follow up. Our youngest has had the brunt of it. We have had multiple flu, strep, respiratory and stomach bugs.

This week she has had both respiratory that resulted in a late night ER visit and last night she woke up vomiting all over me, her crib and the kitchen floor!

Her pediatrician wants to test her for immune deficiencies.

Luckily both my wife and I have flexible jobs that allow us to work from home. But I think our employers are starting to think we have the sickest kids in history or we are making it all up.

It’s gettign old
                    Us too, our daughter has been sick for the last month.

Comment

Working...
                    X