Anyone built a cedar strip canoe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone built a cedar strip canoe???

I want to get started on a 15’ bobs special cedar strip canoe this summer for next summers enjoyment. I’m looking for anyone that has built one locally to me that lofted the station forms themselves that might be able to help me out one weekend. I have lofting charts as well as full size templates but would rather use the lofting charts. Just feels like cheating with the full size templates.

IN for the build pics...

Comment

I have full size templates that I drew out myself but I never got around to building them due to shop space. I would advise using what you have and not worry about a short cut on your first build. Build it and be proud.

Comment

There was a DIY Build with pics and progress on here some years ago. You might find it with a search; I can't remember if it was pre-crash or not.

Comment

In for pics

Comment

Darrel on here has built a few...

Comment

I've built one but out of 1/4 inch plywood
              Not cedar strips
              Mine was a weekend project I did with my nephews about a decade ago

Comment

thanks for the responses. I guess it is only cheating if it doesn't work. I'm not going to set up a video recorder and do one of those sped up videos like you find on youtube. I will take pictures and post a build along. first thing is first i have to get rid of these puppies if anyone is intrested

Comment

Working...
                X