Feeder eating Batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder eating Batteries?

I have two feeder units my BIL gave me because the were going through a new battery every two weeks.(Wild game Innovations brand) Does anyone know if it is the timers or the motors. The housing is still good, so could I buy two "The Timer"s and put them in and be good? Seems all the motors on these things are the same. Any thoughts?

I had a couple of the WGI times and have since replaced them because they ate up the battery much faster then other timers so I would say it's your timers that are eating the battery.

Comment

Put a solar panel on and see what happens.

Comment

If it has a solar panel connected to it, make sure the wires are not connected backwards. Had this happen once.

Comment

I try to stay away from anything "wild game"makes. I would get "the timers"

I don't know forsure but I can bet that every single motor is made the same exact same way because they all serve the same purpose .

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
            I try to stay away from anything "wild game"makes. I would get "the timers"

I don't know forsure but I can bet that every single motor is made the same exact same way because they all serve the same purpose .
            ^^^x2

Comment

I tried a solar panel on one but my lease is a pine forest in east tx without much sun to the feeder area. I thought it might catch enough sunlight how I set it up but it still only lasted justed three to four weeks and the battery was too low to spin the motor. Just hate to throw the housing away.

Think I will order The Timers and try them with these motors. Will let yall know how it turns out.

Comment

Oh and I tried various types of batteries too with no luck.

Comment

If it's like this one. Throw it away. They are junk and eat batteries.

Comment

I had that same timer. I notice I started going through a lot of corn. I had it set on 3 secs. and I timed it once while setting in the stand and it was throwing for 10 secs. My deer, coons, crows and hogs were eating great

Comment

If this is for 6v batteries I recommend you get rid of those 6v lantern type batteries and go with 6v 12amp battery that you can get online or Interstate battery carries them. With this battery your battery will last almost 3 times as long over the normal 6v batteries.

Comment

That same timer is used in many feeders. I bet the motor is about the same

Comment

Wildgame = poo.

Comment

Everything that I have owned with the Wildgame Innovations name on it has been junk. I have one 12V digital timer in the field right now (6 months old) and it is eating batteries with a working Solar Panel installed. I bought another "The Timer" and will be replacing the WGI on Sunday. I will make someone a hell of a deal on the used WGI unit.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                              Everything that I have owned with the Wildgame Innovations name on it has been junk. I have one 12V digital timer in the field right now (6 months old) and it is eating batteries with a working Solar Panel installed. I bought another "The Timer" and will be replacing the WGI on Sunday. I will make someone a hell of a deal on the used WGI unit.

Good luck giving it away

Comment

Working...
                              X