Sealing leaks on a lease camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    Eternabond roll roof tape! You can buy it on eBay or Amazon in all different sizes and colors. Ain’t the cheapest date in the world but it flat out works!

Eternabond Products on Sale including Eternabond RoofSeal, Roof Tape, RV roof repair tape

I would just seal the seems and edges myself. This stuff is awesome and provides a totally waterproof membrane.....I’ve used on several trailers and it works great. It is a little hard to work with especially in the heat b/c it wants to STICK to everything! Make sure you use to overlap the seams where sections are connected together. Apply with pressure.
    If your metal is "good" this stuff will seal the seams and you will be good for years, believe me.
    And this! Use this on the seams and the dicor self leveling lap sealant around all vents. Both work very well! Clean the roof off really good and use both products. After it is dry you can paint it with either elastomeric or epdm rubber depending on what type of roof you have. Good Luck!

Comment

Knock any of the old loose stuff off, clean it as well as you can, then use your tape on all the sensitive areas.

After all is said and done roll on 2 heavy coats of cool ply or other elastomeric rv roof coatings.

Havnt had a failure yet with this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have fought a leaking roof for several years. It would always come back. I finally built a roof over it 2 months ago. I can’t believe how much cooler it has made the camper.

Comment

Lots of good info here. I just found a leak in one of mine while camping at Lake Livingston last weekend

Comment

eternabond tape is great stuff, if the area is clean it will stick and make a seal for sure, but it is not cheap. Flex seal tape does not stick very good. I have use flex seal liquid in some places that tape will not work and it has stuck really well for me.

Comment

Sealing leaks on a lease camper

Comment

Flex Seal, must work, I saw it on TV

Comment

I was a DA and let a branch tear my roof. Used the tape and it has worked pretty well.

Comment

An Awning is a guaranteed cure

Comment

Tag

Comment

Eternabond tape and Dicor self leveling sealant. Not cheap but holds up great.

I completely agree metal roof structure is best - but this is 2nd best ...

Comment

This was a $175 dollar fix. 2X4s across the top, ratchet strap down.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper edited (002).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	24583705

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                            This was a $175 dollar fix. 2X4s across the top, ratchet strap down.

[ATTACH]961555[/ATTACH]
                            Brilliant!!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what I was thinking about doing. I used a similar tape today to stop a leaking furnace vent pipe in the rain today.

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              Eternabond roll roof tape! You can buy it on eBay or Amazon in all different sizes and colors. Ain’t the cheapest date in the world but it flat out works!

Eternabond Products on Sale including Eternabond RoofSeal, Roof Tape, RV roof repair tape

I would just seal the seems and edges myself. This stuff is awesome and provides a totally waterproof membrane.....I’ve used on several trailers and it works great. It is a little hard to work with especially in the heat b/c it wants to STICK to everything! Make sure you use to overlap the seams where sections are connected together. Apply with pressure.
                              If your metal is "good" this stuff will seal the seams and you will be good for years, believe me.

Comment

Working...
                              X