Borracho beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    My buddy got me one a few years ago and said to boil it out a few times with some bacon mixed in. So maybe try that if nobody else responds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    I’ve heard olive oil rub and boil potatoes or rice. I’ll throw some bacon in there too. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
      Thanks.
      I’ve heard olive oil rub and boil potatoes or rice. I’ll throw some bacon in there too. [emoji3]

Just to be safe you may want to check it doesn’t have any lead in the Clay ..I believe the easiest way to check is pour some vinegar in and let it soak overnight if pot discolors it’s no Bueno

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
        Just to be safe you may want to check it doesn’t have any lead in the Clay ..I believe the easiest way to check is pour some vinegar in and let it soak overnight if pot discolors it’s no Bueno

I was reading about this last night and tested today.

It’s full of lead. [emoji22]
        It’s actually a real problem even with crockpots and any clay dishes with a glaze.

Guess I will use a cast iron pot.
        Be careful guys.

Comment

Just put these on! 👍

Comment

Can anyone confirm if these are worth making in the instapot? if so, how long would you cook for?

thanks,

Comment

Yummy

Comment

These look great, we do a lot of beans and will try this one out.

Comment

Giving it a run today

Comment

Lead... all the critters love it.

Comment

Getting ready to do a pot[emoji108]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Can anyone confirm if these are worth making in the instapot? if so, how long would you cook for?

thanks,
                        Did you (or anyone else) ever try?

Comment

good deal

Comment

Got a pot going as we speak. Make them every year for Thanksgiving since I found this recipe!!

Comment

I'll confirm that they can be made in an instapot and will turn out excellent. I cook beans in it all the time and decided to try this recipe in it this evening. I followed the recipe exactly except for the bacon. I smoked the trimmings and breastbone with meat that I cut off some pork spare ribs. Seasoned it and smoked it for about 3 hours on the pit and I cut that up and used it in the beans.

I put 2# of beans, 3 peppers, 2 tomatoes, a diced head of garlic, a bunch of cilantro, one Shiner Bock, an onion, some salt and about 1/2# of the smoked pork in the instapot and then filled it up to the max fill line with water. Cranked it up and let it cook for an hour and a half and then depressurized it and ate 'em right away. Some of the best beans I have ever cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                I'll confirm that they can be made in an instapot and will turn out excellent. I cook beans in it all the time and decided to try this recipe in it this evening. I followed the recipe exactly except for the bacon. I smoked the trimmings and breastbone with meat that I cut off some pork spare ribs. Seasoned it and smoked it for about 3 hours on the pit and I cut that up and used it in the beans.

I put 2# of beans, 3 peppers, 2 tomatoes, a diced head of garlic, a bunch of cilantro, one Shiner Bock, an onion, some salt and about 1/2# of the smoked pork in the instapot and then filled it up to the max fill line with water. Cranked it up and let it cook for an hour and a half and then depressurized it and ate 'em right away. Some of the best beans I have ever cooked.
                                Great!.thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X