Wolves in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aferguson81 View Post
    No bigfoot? Now my dreams of finding them are crushed. . I've been working hard on my bigfoot howl like those guys on finding bigfoot........haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I do know a Beer Joint in Village Mills where she hangs out though. I can provide an address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      I do know a Beer Joint in Village Mills where she hangs out though. I can provide an address.

Haha...I bet she drinks coors beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha...I bet she drinks coors beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Schlitz. I seen't it.

Comment

Wolves in East Texas?

Somebody screwed that up. Cherokee County, Angelina and all those up there are Historic Deep East Texas Counties. Cherokee County is north of Lufkin. Houston County isn't either. And if Nacogdoches is not East Texas then East Texas just never existed. Nac is as East Texas as it gets. If you're out of the Gulf Plains, all the old timers considered that the dividing line from East To SE. That map shows Jasper in SE Texas. Which it's never has been.

I'm just messing with ya and no way do I think all those counties belong in SE Texas. The 5 counties I listed are for sure in and probably another 4 or 5. I would add Jasper, Newton, Harris and Galveston to the list.

And yes you Northern South East Texas fellas may not claim Rayburn as SE Texas but us true SE Texas boys claim it[emoji23]. Y'all are so far north we consider y'all Yankees who probably voted for Hillary[emoji23]

Last edited by Black Ice; 03-02-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

No Schlitz. I seen't it.

Must be real hairy then..

Comment

No Schlitz. I seen't it.

Wait is her name charlene?

Comment

I'm not real sure. I don't speak, Bigfeet. [emoji2]

Comment

No it's Louise......just talked to uncle joe and found out she's back off her meds again. Road trip! Got to get her back home before she puts a hurting on someone....

Comment

Growing up a farm boy in Fannin and Grayson counties (born in 1946) wolves were pretty common back then along the river and creek bottoms. When a farmer killed one they would hang it over a fence. Supposedly it would scare any others away. These things would be longer than a 5 strand fence was tall. When they howled at sundown there weren't no mistake what they were. Don't sound anything like a coyote. My dad killed one with a shotgun behind our barn and hung it on our front fence.

Comment

Ive put eyes on the same animal twice in the TYLER area while deer hunting one of my urban honey holes. This was in no way shape or form a yote. I actually missed a shot at him with my Bow! I initially thgought it was a huge yote but after the fact realized I was gald i missed it ! :-O

Comment

I grew up in WI. We were always told no mountain lions anywhere in the state by the DNR. Well up until a few years ago, they would not admit they were there. Nevermind photos of females with cubs, lone males all over everyone's game cams, deer carcasses stashed in trees etc...

Turns out the DNR was denying they were around due to govt restricts, which required an insane amount of land not be hunted if there was a mother with cubs spotted. Essentially the govt denied they existed so hunters wouldn't be barred from hunting their land. When you have to block off square miles of no hunting as a buffer to cougars, most people only have a hundred or less acres, and wouldn't get to hunt. Huge economic hit to the state if you tell those people they can't hunt.

Not saying this is the case with wolves and the DNR here, but there is usually other pieces to the puzzle not taken into account.

Comment

there are no black panthers, sasquachs, black bears (except for border counties), wolves, ocelots, cougars in east texas

Comment

Ive seen red foxes at our place in Duval Co. Totally though I was mistaken until some older gentlemen told me that they've been seeing them for years. I thought they were only present in the N/NE parts of the state...

Comment

Wolves in East Texas?

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                              there are no black panthers, sasquachs, black bears (except for border counties), wolves, ocelots, cougars in east texas

Anderson is not a border county. Confined sightings by TP&W. Black bear.

Confined between 1977-2003

Last edited by JW; 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I live in Hardin and have seen a black bear

Comment

Working...
                                X