Canceled Hunting Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canceled Hunting Trip

I was planning to travel yesterday to my Land @ Rocksprings for the weekend but God had other plans ... Winter Storm ...

It is still crazy weather so no need to do a 300 mile round trip just for Sat - Sun am ... Lots of accidents better safe than chancing an accident especially with my new Truck.
    Last edited by Patriot-2000; 12-08-2017, 06:54 AM.

I would be hunting but I drove 5 hours to be home with kids this weekend.

Comment

Oh man missing a great weekend to be hunting. No moon cold crisp weather.

Comment

That's a bummer for sure.

Comment

Just got a report from someone local .. @ 6" snow with a layer of frozen rain on top .. It might be gone by this afternoon but not going to risk driving in the dark in a potential bad road situation ..

Comment

Bummer, but better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

better to be home alive than somewhere in the ditch knocked out.

Comment

I'm not hunting either.The furnace went out on the camper.My little space heater barely cut it in the 40's.

DJ

Comment

I am in a blind just south of kerville in Hunt and there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground and I have actually seen deer at the feeder! Have a cull buck down and watching does eat corn 20 yards away from him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Roads were wet but not slippery this morning on the way up to Livingston. I’m sure Houston traffic this morning is world record stupid though.

In my pop up. Nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Roads were wet but not slippery this morning on the way up to Livingston. I’m sure Houston traffic this morning is world record stupid though.

In my pop up. Nothing yet.

In Katy sitting here having breakfast and the I-10 traffic into town is FLYING... you'd think it was a holiday today. Listening to the radio at 5:00 on my way to the gym this morning the guy on the radio said the roads were treacherous.... SMDH!

Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                      X