I took down a Texas Icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took down a Texas Icon.

I was talked into taking down the Caberet Dancehall in Bandera Texas. It closed down about 15 years ago do to structure issues, and was never reopened. I will be using part of the steel to build a shop. It was 38x120, and right at 20 feet tall. Anyway, here’s a few pictures, and before anybody asked, no I won’t be doing this again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0BC12DF0-354E-4AD8-9B77-0C74EABC9C65.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	25209885

[ATTACH]1001058[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1001059[/ATTACH]

Comment

Did you go get some of that steak seasoning from the Bandera Meat Market?

Comment

Had a lot of good times in that hall back in high school and college.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
            Did you go get some of that steak seasoning from the Bandera Meat Market?
            I did. The Guy that owned it, opened up a steak house on 11th street. And he has the Meat Market there as well. Great steaks.

Comment

We bought some steaks from them New Years Eve and they gave us a cup of the seasoning they use at the steakhouse. It’s the best stuff I have tasted for steak seasoning. We went back a couple days later for more steaks to take home and some more seasoning.

Comment

I enjoyed watching Doug Moreland and Cory Morrow there probably around 15 years ago. Heck of a venue!

Comment

Are there plans to build something else on that site in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
                    Are there plans to build something else on that site in the near future?
                    Don’t know. If I had to guess, I’d say they would hope the next door hotel would by it for parking.

Comment

Working...
                    X