No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am planning on attending the extreme hunt this year I looked at the thread and noticed that it mentioned a role call but never saw a place for it. If anybody knows were this sign up sheet is for this crazed event let me know it would be greatly appreciated. And FYI I have found time to head out hunting again on Monday I have located a group of hogs that would be a heck of a lot easier to shoot if I had some help in funneling them in a particular direction if anybody is interested shoot me an email before 10:00 p.m.

Comment

IM gonna be below the dam at day break, texasfirefighter around 9. My number is 512-983-1347 if u wanna meet up, txt me

Comment

Muzzy100; Roll Call 2010 GRXH (Bounty hunt)

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
          I have not hunted below the dam in several months has anybody been down there and hunted since the helicopter and if so are willing to mention what you saw. NO need to specify were below the dam just wondering the current stats down there.
          I pretty much only go to Pecan Grove and see hog pretty much every time out. I dont typically park at the spillway I park at the gate off the road and walk in. i did not make it out until late yesterday and I only went to get my trailcam and refill my feed tube, walked up on a couple but my bow was still on my backback at the time so no shot. When i got to my feed tube the hogs had pretty much yanked it apart and emptied it out, I think it just got loose from them twisting it and the lid unscrewed. Unfortunately my trailcam was not working properly so no pics, gonna try and get it back out this week and set it up a little lower to the ground. Was not very muddy which was good cause walking for miles in the mud with a backpack full of feed is tough.

Comment

hunted today walked a lot but no luck had a good time though.

Comment

Muzzy thanks again for helpin me setup, I do apreciate it. If anyone gets an opportunity to hunt with Muzzy, take it. Hes a stand up guy. Oh and dont tell anyone I fell in the river cause that wouldnt be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                I am planning on attending the extreme hunt this year I looked at the thread and noticed that it mentioned a role call but never saw a place for it. If anybody knows were this sign up sheet is for this crazed event let me know it would be greatly appreciated. And FYI I have found time to head out hunting again on Monday I have located a group of hogs that would be a heck of a lot easier to shoot if I had some help in funneling them in a particular direction if anybody is interested shoot me an email before 10:00 p.m.
                check out (around the campfire section)just copy and paste and put your name in

Comment

Nothing today but I did see a stump humper fall in the river...... LOL Funniest thing. Can't wait till Ranger hunt Texasfirefighter and Muzzy (AKA Wipper Snapper) Nice to meet you Muzzy, I hope we all can hunt again soon.

Comment

Stump Humper... nice. Very fitting. haha

Comment

I am planning on setting up some areas whenever I can find time to go, I am going to try to hit areas I have never been to or hunted. The only area on the entire lake I have never been in is the sore finger if that is a complete waste of time it would be great if some one would let me know. I don not plan on packing the bait all the way in there I plan to drive up to it from the shore in my boat and walk into the thick part. I have heard a lot of negative things about this unit over the years so I figured I would see what yall thought

Comment

txfirefighter are you making any phone calls lately lol, anyway you and crod hit me up next time yall are up for hunting I checked the spot I call "the post" today GREAT sign we need to head out.

Comment

Hello to everyone contributing to this thread

Well, I've just started hunting Granger this year, but have been slightly to busy to make it out there to often, but have had a great time scouting and hunting, so far. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you fellow Granger hunter's sometime for a little hunt. Like Muzzy said, it makes it easier to manipulate the hogs. If anyone is interested let me know and I would be happy to meet up and put some hogs on the ground.

Comment

26-28 Feb Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt. Primitive camping area is our base camp. Don't bring any food , but all ease is fair game. There looks to be @20 guys showing up this year. It is always a hoot. Around the Campfire look for 2010 Rollcall GRXH (Bounty hunt)
                            Last edited by Wudstix; 02-17-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

didn't make it out last weekend; too much "honey-do". . . .planning on sun morning tho . ..

Comment

Goin out today to give it a try..

Comment

Working...
                                X