Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Shot her last Friday. She showed back up today after I couldn’t find her following blood. Should have been a kill shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that the exit? Were you hunting out of an elevated blind or tree stand?

Comment

Blame your bad shot on a broadhead? Too far back and high

Comment

Even half a rage woulda killed her with that shot

Comment

��

For that to be “perfect “ she would need to be close to 60degree quarter away, and 15 yards from 20’ up

If it was.... then I would stop shooting them too. Or Broadhead broke on impact

Comment

Reason I ask is I saw this doe last year on my property
            Very high hit on entrance and exit is close to where yours is

Entrance is first pic and exit is second
            Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

obviously you didn't hit her where you should have... if you are talking about that little fluff to the rear, well that looks just a little to the rear. but even if you put a shaft thru that area I don't think you would be looking at her on camera today. it might be a fatal hit; how do you know that is the same doe

Comment

With enough angle it would work, but broadside that’s an iffy shot at best
                Attached Files

Comment

Both of these (OP and BIG BONE's) look like they should be 100% fatal shots. Guess that's where the element of chance comes in.

My neighbor shot one almost perfectly and somehow the arrow internally ricocheted off a rib and came out the deer's neck. No idea how it happened, but I have a gamecam pic and you can see entrance and exit and it's super bizarre.

Comment

Too far back.

Comment

Exit wound. Slightly quartering so entry was through the pump area.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                        obviously you didn't hit her where you should have... if you are talking about that little fluff to the rear, well that looks just a little to the rear. but even if you put a shaft thru that area I don't think you would be looking at her on camera today. it might be a fatal hit; how do you know that is the same doe

I know it’s the same doe cause she has a tumor on her chest that is unmistakable. And that picture was taken while I was in the blind looking at her.

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
                          Too far back.
                          It’s not ideal shot placement, but if that was a broadside shot
                          From the ground she’s dead. Liver maybe lungs

Comment

A field point through both lungs or the heart would be fatal. Remember the stone arrow heads the Indians used?

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                              Blame your bad shot on a broadhead? Too far back and high
                              X2.

Comment

Working...
                              X