No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a shooter buck go straight ninja on me this morning. As cold as it was, had a beanie over the ears so hearing was not so good, well he popped up 20 yards to my right from behind. He looked away and began walking froward and I waited till he was behind a tree till I began standing up. By the time I stood, he was at 50 yrds, turned around, laughed at me, then proceeded to go find some tail. Frustrating, lol.

Then 30 minutes later, a non legal 3 or 4 yr old came right to my lap from straight ahead. Rack was really tall but he wasn't outside the ears, huge body. Begging to get an arrow...

Main movement was 8-9am this morning.
    Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 11-10-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
      Had a shooter buck go straight ninja on me this morning. As cold as it was, had a beanie over the ears so hearing was not so good, well he popped up 20 yards to my right from behind. He looked away and began walking froward and I waited till he was behind a tree till I began standing up. By the time I stood, he was at 50 yrds, turned around, laughed at me, then proceeded to go find some tail. Frustrating, lol.

Then 30 minutes later, a non legal 3 or 4 yr old came right to my lap from straight ahead. Rack was really tall but he wasn't outside the ears, huge body. Begging to get an arrow...

Main movement was 8-9am this morning.
      Sounds like a fun morning.

Comment

I jumped a shooter that was bedded down at about 1pm. Then checked my camera to find this really weird 7 point had stopped by on the 7th. Any guesses as to his spread? I know he's legal but just curious as to what you guys think.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

16 or 17? Crazy how that beam spreads up and out looming like a tine from behind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            16 or 17? Crazy how that beam spreads up and out looming like a tine from behind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            That's what I was thinking. Thought he was the 8 I had been seeing earlier in the season. And for a 7 his spread is out there. How old would you guess him to be? I'm terrible at aging deer.

Comment

I agree maybe 16” and can’t tell much from the body in those pics but I’m thinking 3.5

Comment

Shot a doe, got work to do more info later. Hit her a touch forward but the 25-06 brought her down in 20 yards. Will post pic after I fill the tag out and get her prepped

Comment

Congrats Chief!

Comment

Awesome job chief

Comment

As promised, here is the doe I shot before and after tagging. She isn't giant but at least I have meat in the freezer.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Good job chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                            Nice work.
                            Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                            Good job chief.
                            Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                            Congrats Chief!
                            Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            Awesome job chief
                            Thanks guys. It was my first doe, and I took her at just about 140yds. Got her to stop and drilled her. Then I saw the buck that was following her and regretted it instantly [emoji23]. I'm still happy I got er though. Now it's time to wait for the big guy, or the weird 7 I keep seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                              Thanks guys. It was my first doe, and I took her at just about 140yds. Got her to stop and drilled her. Then I saw the buck that was following her and regretted it instantly [emoji23]. I'm still happy I got er though. Now it's time to wait for the big guy, or the weird 7 I keep seeing.

Hope ya get em'

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                                Hope ya get em'
                                I appreciate it, best of luck to you as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X