Cables Touching Wrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cables Touching Wrist

I was drawing my bow last night, and looking at my form, when I noticed that the cable was touching my wrist. I've been shooting the bow with no problems, and never noticed this until last night. Maybe it was doing it because I was over thinking thing, being that I was critiquing my form and all.

The bow is a Mathews Vertix, 28.5" draw length. I know the draw length is correct, maybe the 6" brace height has something to do with it.

Has anyone else noticed this when drawing your bow?

I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, I'm just curious if this is normal, or me.

Grumpy

Bow torque. Maybe rotate your wrist or elbow.

Comment

It sounds like draw length is a little long. I know you said draw length is correct but that’s usually the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Your draw length is probably off. 28.5 maybe correct when shooting via fingers, but if you are using a release you need to subtract the loop length.

Comment

Draw is too long, you shouldn’t need to rotate wrist for cables not to touch.

Comment

I figured it out. Draw length is correct, I went to the shop I bought the bow at, and verified draw length.

The issue was my grip on the bow. My hand position was tweaked. Torque was the issue.

Got to work on form, and get used to this 6 inch brace height.

Thanks All
            Grumpy

Comment

Imagine that

Comment

1 point for Bayouboy.

Comment

Working...
                X