Another Superduty break-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Superduty break-in

This past Saturday my wife and I stopped at Moe's Irish pub in Katy off of 99 and I-10 for some food after we left her moms house. After about an hour, we go back to the truck and I see a gift bag laying on the ground, both driver side doors opened just slightly, and a my pair of Klein wire cutters laying on the cooler in the bed.

Looks like they got in thru the key lock on the driver door with a flat head screw driver. So now im out around 2500 in tools and 1500 in fire fighting gear.

The was a witness who saw a suspicious truck who kept driving around, would park in a spot for a few minutes then leave, come back, park in a different spot and repeat. They gave the license plate info to the manager and told him that something was suspicious.

As we are doing the report with Harris county sheriffs deputy, the manager of Moes comes over and tells the deputy that 3 more vehicles were broken into in the same parking lot and he has a license plate of a suspicious vehicle.

The deputy just blew him off, said that he cant do anything with it because it could have been anybody's plate written on the card, and put the business card with the plate number in his trash pile in his door.

It really sucks that we have somewhat of a lead but it was just blown off instead of at least humoring us and say you would look into it.

Insurance said that they will fix the door but can only give us $250 for lost items. All of this just topped off a rough week for us because someone hit my wifes car on Wednesday and caused 7500 in damage.

I know that I work way too hard for the things that my wife and I have, just for some lowlife to take them away because they are too lazy to get a job and contribute to society.

Wth. Why wouldn’t the cop look into it!! That’s why this stuff keeps happening, those darn rats know cops aren’t coming after them!! Crazy chit!

Comment

Obligatory ravelco plug in 5, 4 , 3, 2......

But i will say.. if you own a F250... Jimmy Jammers -- ALWAYS jimmy jammers.

Comment

Did you make a copy of the plates numb r?
        I would go to the pd and ask to talk to a detective and give them the plate number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would be calling the cops supervisor and let them know that the cop blew off evidence (tampered with evidence, which I am sure the media would love to hear about) of who is doing the break ins.

Comment

Yup - go to the police chief and complain. If nothing, go higher. Everyone reports to someone.

Comment

when my house got broken into I had gamecam pictures of the truck with plate number and the cops said basically the same thing. I no savvy why they wont use the info. sorry for your loss

Comment

Did the Officer give you a peep talk about leaving valuables in your Vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Did the Officer give you a peep talk about leaving valuables in your Vehicle?
                  Yes he sure did. He tried making it into my fault for them breaking in. I'm sorry, I just got done working at my in-laws, stopped to get some food on the way back from Houston to Brenham. Apparently its my fault somehow. The tools were in a rubbermade tote in the back seat, nobody had any idea they were even there.

Comment

I have the license plate number, make, model, year, color, and as a bonus I have the address for the registration and name.

How is it that I can find this stuff out fairly easy but someone who is supposed to help with situations like this, can just blow it off.

I can understand if I had things out in the open, or the truck stood out with something but it was just a dirty f250, nothing fancy.

I really need my wildland gear with all of the grass fires we have been having here lately. Im curious what they would even do with it since it has my departments name all over the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by bunkered13 View Post
                      I have the license plate number, make, model, year, color, and as a bonus I have the address for the registration and name.

How is it that I can find this stuff out fairly easy but someone who is supposed to help with situations like this, can just blow it off.

I can understand if I had things out in the open, or the truck stood out with something but it was just a dirty f250, nothing fancy.

I really need my wildland gear with all of the grass fires we have been having here lately. Im curious what they would even do with it since it has my departments name all over the gear.
                      If you have their address I'd start checking pawn shops near them for your tools (hopefully they're easily identifiable & marked). Probably one way to build a case. Sorry for the bad luck

Comment

If someone hit your wife's uninsured motorist coverage will cover it if they ran off or if they don't have insurance. Happened to me a couple years ago, someone put me into the median and then took off and it went from $8,500 in repairs to $250 out of pocket.

Would home owners/renters insurance cover the stolen items from the truck?

My old f-150 only had manual locks so when I had this happen to me I was paranoid for a week since I couldn't lock my doors!

Comment

They steal and break into dirty old F250's all the time, usually those are the one's that have the best tools and equipment. I put the jimmy jammers on my Fords, if they want in the truck they will have to break the glass. I would do a follow up with the S.O. and see if a detective go the information provided, if not, that's when you need to start thinking about bashing the deputy.

Comment

I contacted the reporting deputy with some suggestions. I'll leave it at that! Sorry about your truck. I have a new F250 and I really need to get some jimmy jammers.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Obligatory ravelco plug in 5, 4 , 3, 2......

But i will say.. if you own a F250... Jimmy Jammers -- ALWAYS jimmy jammers.
                              Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I contacted the reporting deputy with some suggestions. I'll leave it at that! Sorry about your truck. I have a new F250 and I really need to get some jimmy jammers.
                              Dont waste your money on jimmy jammers... The only thing they will do is cost you more money when a thief digs deeper into your door panel in attempt to get around them. Speaking from multiple experiences unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X