Chicken tortilla soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken tortilla soup

This was my first atempt at making "chicken tortilla soup". I had never eaten any before so I didn`t know what to expect. My wife had eaten some at some restaraunts before and she said this was much better . I watched "you tube " videos and then made my own version .I wish I would have made this a long time ago cause this rate up there with home made chili. Sorry the avacado had some dark spots on it .

Well I cheat on the chicken tortilla soup, I buy the kit from HEB. It's pretty good stuff and it's ready in about 30 minutes. Hmmm I think I have some left overs that will make a good lunch today.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
      This was my first atempt at making "chicken tortilla soup". I had never eaten any before so I didn`t know what to expect. My wife had eaten some at some restaraunts before and she said this was much better . I watched "you tube " videos and then made my own version .I wish I would have made this a long time ago cause this rate up there with home made chili. Sorry the avacado had some dark spots on it .
      Great story. How did you make it?

Comment

If you go to "youtube " and search "tortilla soup" there will be a lot of videos to choose from and get ideas on how to make it .
        Last edited by tpack; 10-07-2009, 06:31 AM.

Comment

What all is in this one,,,,LOOKS GOOD

Comment

I f you will go to the link listed below and make it acording to the video ,you will have the recipe
            http://***********************?v=OjuxUrMBG44

Comment

3 bnls. sknls. chicken breast boiled and shredded(or chopped) and set aside.

3 cans chicken broth

1-tbls. chili powder
              1-tbls. cumin
              1.5 tsp. salt
              1/2 tsp. dried oregano
              1/4 tsp. cayene pepper
              1/2 tsp. black pepper

2 stalks of celery chopped
              2 carrots cut in thin strips or chopped
              1/2 onion chopped
              1 jalepeno -seeded and chopped
              1/4 cup chopped cilantro (put in when you add liquid)

Topping
              1 avacado (cubed or sliced)
              6-8 tortillas cut into strips and deep fried or coat with oil and bake till brown at 500 degrees
              Grated cheddar cheese

After preparing the ckicken, saute the vegatbles for about 3-4 minutes then add spices and chicken and saute for 1 more minute. Now you add the ckicken broth and cilantro and bring to a boil. After coming to a boil turn burner down and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add toppings and you have a great meal.

You can adjust the spices to you taste. I like things pretty spicey so I added a little more chili powder .
              I hope you like it as much as me and my wife did.

Comment

Thank for the recipe, probably be trying this at camp this year.

Comment

looks good

Comment

that looks great

Comment

Working...
                    X