Anyone hunting Houston county DCNF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunting Houston county DCNF?

I got in this morning right as the rain was moving out. Didn't pass any vehicles parked on the side of the road. Just had a little 6 pointer come through so hopefully the bigger bucks or doe are moving too.

On a side note watch out for falling limbs or big pieces of bark falling off dead trees. Lots of that happening today.
    Attached Files

Good luck

Comment

Thanks. I'm gonna hunt here through lunch then I need to go into big slough wilderness. Gotta a camera out there to check and I'm gonna put up a couple more.

Comment

I saw 10 as I was heading in. Lol made me think rather I was going too deep. But I'm perched for an all day sit. We will see

Comment

Well only saw the one 6 point in kennard area. Left there and headed down to big slough wilderness. Mostly for a scouting trip and checking cameras to get ready for rifle season. Ended walking up on a big group of hogs started out about 100 yards out and managed to stalk up on them and got 20 yards away from one. He ran about 40 yards and piled up. This was my first bow kill so I am pleased! Been at it pretty heavy for 3 years roughly and finally got one on the ground. I haven't been able to hunt much this year due to work so it was nice to put some meat in the freezer.

Comment

Working...
          X