Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rut

when does the rut start for north texas

37 days, 17 minutes, and 45 seconds from now...

Comment

Rut dates by region

Check out the Cross Timbers Region

The week before and around Thanksgiving can be magical.

I've seen bucks during this period that I've never seen before on camera or while sitting in a tree.
      Last edited by Froggy; 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

technically, when the deer rubs the velvet off their antlers.....same as everywhere.

Comment

I'm hoping it's around mid November or after. I'm hunting the northern half of the state this year for the first time, but I'm having surgery in a couple days and won't be able to hunt until mid November or so. Really looking forward to it; I know there are some good bucks up there.

Comment

Last two weekends of Nov - Prime

Comment

According to the TPWD

Comment

Nov 13 has been a very lucky day for me shooting two bucks on this date over the last three seasons and the middle season I shot a buck on nov 24th. If you're trying to manage time Nov 10-30 has been some good roundabout dates I've stuck by with also having a little luck in mid Dec having bucks searching for the does that are still receptive. That time in dec is hard to catch, but if you do, that is the most magical time I've experienced in the field. One morning hunt in Dec I saw one doe and 14 bucks come in searching for her. Good luck to you!!

Comment

Huntfishjournal.com has a rut calculator. Check it out. You can plug in your a exact city I believe. Just $14.95. With all the stuff you spend money on, wouldn't it pay to know exactly when the big boys run?

Comment

Working...
                  X