Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-12-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default Why health insurance costs so much these days

I know I'm beating a dead horse
But the reason why health insurance costs jump so much every year these days is because every year a new more expensive cancer drug comes out
We now have $475,000 per year gene therapy

No illegal aliens on Medicaid will be getting this treatment I can assure you that

I'm sure next year a $900k per year drug will be approved and then paid for by the us govt (who spends the most on cancer care by far)

I say it again and again, they did not have $100k medical treatments when Reagan was in office.
Most you could hope for is a shot of penicillin and hopefully ride out the wave.
But these days we have half million dollar options and many people are exercising those options.

F.D.A. Approves First Gene-Altering Leukemia Treatment, Costing $475,000

A technician working with human cells belonging to cancer patients at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in Morris Plains, N.J. The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved Novartis’s gene therapy for leukemia, the first-ever treatment that alters a patient’s own cells to fight cancer.

By DENISE GRADY
August 30, 2017

The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved the first-ever treatment that genetically alters a patient’s own cells to fight cancer, a milestone that is expected to transform treatment in the coming years.

The new therapy turns a patient’s cells into a “living drug,” and trains them to recognize and attack the disease. It is part of the rapidly growing field of immunotherapy that bolsters the immune system through drugs and other therapies and has, in some cases, led to long remissions and possibly even cures.

The therapy, marketed as Kymriah and made by Novartis, was approved for children and young adults for an aggressive type of leukemia — B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia — that has resisted standard treatment or relapsed. The F.D.A. called the disease “devastating and deadly” and said the new treatment fills an “unmet need.”

Novartis and other companies have been racing to develop gene therapies for other types of cancers, and experts expect more approvals in the near future. Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the F.D.A. commissioner, said that more than 550 types of experimental gene therapy were being studied.

There are drawbacks to the approach. Because Kymriah can have life-threatening side effects, including dangerous drops in blood pressure, the F.D.A. is requiring that hospitals and doctors be specially trained and certified to administer it, and that they stock a certain drug needed to quell severe reactions.

Kymriah, which will be given to patients just once and must be made individually for each, will cost $475,000. Novartis said that if a patient does not respond within the first month after treatment, there will be no charge. The company also said it would provide financial help to families who were uninsured or underinsured.

Emily Whitehead, shown here in May, was near death at age 6 from leukemia and became the first pediatric patient to receive the experimental gene therapy. She is now 12 and has been in remission for more than five years.
CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF PHILADELPHIA, VIA ASSOCIATED PRESS
Discussing the high price during a telephone news conference, a Novartis official noted that bone-marrow transplants, which can cure some cases of leukemia, cost even more, from $540,000 to $800,000.

About 600 children and young adults a year in the United States would be candidates for the new treatment.

The approval was based largely on a trial in 63 severely ill children and young adults who had a remission rate of 83 percent within three months — a high rate, given that relapsed or treatment-resistant disease is often quickly fatal.

The treatment was originally developed by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania and licensed to Novartis. It was identified in previous reports as CAR-T cell therapy, CTL019 or tisagenlecleucel.

The first child to receive the therapy was Emily Whitehead, who was 6 and near death from leukemia in 2012 when she was treated, at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Now 12, she has been free of leukemia for more than five years.

To customize Kymriah for individual patients, white blood cells called T cells will be removed from a patient’s bloodstream at an approved medical center, frozen, shipped to Novartis in Morris Plains, N.J., for genetic engineering and multiplying, frozen again and shipped back to the medical center to be dripped into the patient. That processing is expected to take 22 days.

Novartis said the treatment would be available at an initial network of 20 approved medical centers to be certified within a month, a number that would be expanded to 32 by the end of the year. Five centers will be ready to start extracting T cells from patients within three to five days, the company said.

An intravenous bag of Kymriah, which must be customized for individual patients. It is expected to cost $475,000 and can have potentially fatal side effects.
NOVARTIS, VIA ASSOCIATED PRESS
Certification is being required because the revved-up T cells can touch off an intense reaction, sometimes called a cytokine storm, that can cause high fever, low blood pressure, lung congestion, neurological problems and other life-threatening complications. Medical staff members need training to manage these reactions, and hospitals are being told that before giving Kymriah to patients, they must be sure that they have the drug needed to treat the problems, tocilizumab, also called Actemra.

Dr. Kevin J. Curran, a pediatric oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan, said his hospital was “99 percent” of the way through the certification process, and would soon be offering Kymriah.

“This is a big paradigm shift, using this living drug,” Dr. Curran said. “It will provide a lot of hope. This is the beginning.”

He said he expected that eventually this type of treatment would work for other, more common types of cancer, not just for leukemia.

The F.D.A.’s approval of Kymriah ushers in “a new approach to the treatment of cancer and other serious and life-threatening diseases,” the agency said in a statement, noting that the new therapy is “the first gene therapy available in the United States.”

Dr. Carl June, a leader in developing the treatment at the University of Pennsylvania, recalled that in 2010, when tests showed that the first patient was leukemia-free a month after being treated, he and his colleagues did not believe it. They ordered another biopsy to be sure.

“Now, I have to keep pinching myself to see that this happened,” Dr. June said, his voice breaking with emotion. “It was so improbable that this would ever be a commercially approved therapy, and now it’s the first gene therapy approved in the United States. It’s so different from all the pharmaceutical models. I think the cancer world is forever changed.”
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 05:18 AM   #2
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Man, that was a lot to read , but glad I did. That's awesome!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

And how much did a new truck that cost 60k today cost when Reagan was in office?

You will never win because the real reason health insurance goes up so much is because those who pay are paying for those who don't pay. And the government added way too much red tape. Or are you saying ALL the doctors who complain about having to hire people just to take care of the new paperwork are lying?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

And by your logic shop lifters do not cause the price of good to go up. I mean how many people shoplift - less than 1%..so....
Old 09-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

The quality of our health care is exceeding our ability to pay for it. If you remove all the "new" things since Reagan, heatlh care probably cost about the same. If you want 1980 treatments, you can save a lot of money, just don't expect to live as long.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #6
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse
But the reason why health insurance costs jump so much every year these days is because every year a new more expensive cancer drug comes out
Why don't we just end research and development until health insurance costs come down?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #7
skipetex
Eight Point

Hunt In: Blackwell

Moving on
skipetex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
tradtiger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Gonna skip the debate bait offered by OP, but that treatment is truly revolutionary. Also, glad that researchers are pursuing over 500 variants of cancer to attack this way.

Disclaimer: my mother died from cancer. So, I guess my perspective is skewed to want to find treatments to save others -- especially kids.
tradtiger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #9
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Why don't we just end research and development until health insurance costs come down?
LoL
Because I want them to find a cure for Prostate cancer before I or anyone I know gets it.
The sooner the better

Last edited by texansfan; 09-12-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Old 09-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #10
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
And how much did a new truck that cost 60k today cost when Reagan was in office?

You will never win because the real reason health insurance goes up so much is because those who pay are paying for those who don't pay. And the government added way too much red tape. Or are you saying ALL the doctors who complain about having to hire people just to take care of the new paperwork are lying?
Listen.
Those who don't pay don't get $500k per year treatments
Why don't you understand that
Old 09-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #11
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
LoL

Because I want them to find a cure for Prostate cancer before I or anyone I know gets it.

The sooner the better

Don't be a complete dumbass!

My dad died of cancer in 2012. When he was in md Anderson there were 1000's going thru the same thing. I don't have confidence in them curing cancer but it is job security for a lot of people. It's bs!!!
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #12
skipetex
Eight Point

Hunt In: Blackwell

I'll take the bait for a second only....listen, the profit is not in a cure it is in treatments and drugs so no matter how much they research they will not offer a cure for us..bye now.
skipetex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #13
ladrones
Pope & Young

52% of the people in my state are on medicade. I'm sure that has zero to do with why health insurance is so expensive.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #14
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
52% of the people in my state are on medicade. I'm sure that has zero to do with why health insurance is so expensive.
Don't bother...toll's mind is made up & it has nothing to do with dependents the rest of us support & only the evil free market / capital enterprise system is to blame.

Certainly, the most very recent & huge increases from obamacare have no effect in his eyes. That (and our tax dollars) is his cash cow.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #15
tradtiger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipetex View Post
I'll take the bait for a second only....listen, the profit is not in a cure it is in treatments and drugs so no matter how much they research they will not offer a cure for us..bye now.
Actually, according to the article posted, the gene therapy treatment is a one-time administration that either cures the patient or not. (Process takes 22 days to customize the patient's T-cells.) If it doesn't work, you get your $475,000 back. If it works -- which was 83 percent of the time -- you get to live.
tradtiger is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #16
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

A single cancer treatment isn't driving up the cost of medical insurance. It's the family of 5 that got to their pcp for ever sniffle and sneeze, who then incur an office charge and a round of antibiotics (for a virus) or steroids because the good doc feels he can't send them away without some form of treatment.

It's the indigent (legal and non) who use hospitals as primary care outlets and have no way to pay for those services, but can't be turned away, and their costs are spread across the board to those who can (we had socialized medicine before Obamacare, we just chose to ignore it existed and didn't want to give it a name.)

It's the fact that I can go to my pcp and offer a cash amount, but if I file on insurance it's 50% more, and the insurance pays it
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #17
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Listen.
Those who don't pay don't get $500k per year treatments
Why don't you understand that
So people who qualify for subsidized healthcare don't get treated when sick? ok.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #18
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: East & Northern Arkansas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
A single cancer treatment isn't driving up the cost of medical insurance. It's the family of 5 that got to their pcp for ever sniffle and sneeze, who then incur an office charge and a round of antibiotics (for a virus) or steroids because the good doc feels he can't send them away without some form of treatment.

It's the indigent (legal and non) who use hospitals as primary care outlets and have no way to pay for those services, but can't be turned away, and their costs are spread across the board to those who can (we had socialized medicine before Obamacare, we just chose to ignore it existed and didn't want to give it a name.)

It's the fact that I can go to my pcp and offer a cash amount, but if I file on insurance it's 50% more, and the insurance pays it
That's a big part of it, no doubt. I think the....largest.... part is the astronomical amount of over weight people in our country. It's not popular to say out loud, but fat people are killing us.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 10:56 PM   #19
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
That's a big part of it, no doubt. I think the....largest.... part is the astronomical amount of over weight people in our country. It's not popular to say out loud, but fat people are killing us.
True. Heart disease and "diabeetus" are largely preventable, but are widespread and costly to treat

But don't you dare fat shame anyone

Last edited by Playa; 09-12-2017 at 10:58 PM..
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #20
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:

flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #21
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipetex View Post
No bait
I agree with you somewhat
I agree.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #22
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Anytime the Gubmint is involved in anything the price goes exponentially. The more Gubmint control and regulations the more it costs. Think IRS tax code. Thank you democrats. Thank you Obama care.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #23
Clay C
Ten Point

Whatever the reason is, it doesn't change the fact that the government shouldn't be able to force me to buy it.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #24
DeerGhostSpeaks
Four Point

Hunt In: spiritworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post

Very true, and then ....who do we blame for a big gulp of corn syrup(soda) being cheaper than an equal size bottle of water. AND it's as addictive as cocaine to top it off. Poor people eat ****tier food whether it be free or not, eating healthy and nutritious takes practice before it becomes truly cost effective and able to be implemented over the long term. and with the completely BS food pyramid the FDA has lied to everyone about its like the government made a problem, then swept it under the rug, and kept having to buy a bigger rug to cover it instead of trying to actually clean up the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeerGhostSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #25
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
Very true, and then ....who do we blame for a big gulp of corn syrup(soda) being cheaper than an equal size bottle of water. AND it's as addictive as cocaine to top it off. Poor people eat ****tier food whether it be free or not, eating healthy and nutritious takes practice before it becomes truly cost effective and able to be implemented over the long term. and with the completely BS food pyramid the FDA has lied to everyone about its like the government made a problem, then swept it under the rug, and kept having to buy a bigger rug to cover it instead of trying to actually clean up the mess.

Stop!
Stop it!
Please just stop making sense with facts!
Go back to blaming the illegals and the welfare queens that clog up the ER waiting for a $6 bottle of sudafed.

How many cancer patients do we hear about on tbh alone? Each one of them are HUGE financial impacts on a health insurance company's bottom line.
An illegal thatgoes to ER because they broke their arm trying to loot some Jordan's after Harvey may have a $5k bill.
Your family member that's been diagnosed with ER+ and HER2/BRCA breast cancer will rack up $100k in charges EASILY!

Your fat cousin that lives on family land down in Boerne that has diabetes, hypertension and a BMI of 41 (all at the age of 41) will have a far greater impact on the healthcare system than Magdalena y Sonrisio when they take their kid to the ER with a 104 fever.

It can take 40 illegal alien patients to equal the financial impact of one fat American.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #26
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post

Spot on brother. Big sugar has spent as much as anyone, lobbying the goverment, to lie for them. It's a crazy picture, when you step back and look at it. Just a huge, money making machine, that essentially farms the citizens. All under the guise of freedom
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #27
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Stop!
Stop it!
Go back to blaming the illegals and the welfare queens that clog up the ER waiting for a $6 bottle of sudafed.

How many cancer patients do we hear about on tbh alone? Each one of them are HUGE financial impacts on a health insurance company's bottom line.
An illegal thatgoes to ER because they broke their arm trying to loot some Jordan's after Harvey may have a $5k bill.
Your family member that's been diagnosed with ER+ and HER2/BRCA breast cancer will rack up $100k in charges EASILY!

Your fat cousin that lives on family land down in Boerne that has diabetes, hypertension and a BMI of 41 (all at the age of 41) will have a far greater impact on the healthcare system than Magdalena y Sonrisio when they take their kid to the ER with a 104 fever.

It can take 40 illegal alien patients to equal the financial impact of one fat American.
Amen, Amen, Amen !
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #28
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Stop!
Stop it!

Because illegals don't get cancer or fat, got it. So actually they do the 100K and the 5k.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #29
batmaninja
Eight Point

What if a fat illegal gets cancer?
Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #30
batmaninja
Eight Point

Mexico has surpassed the United States as the world’s fattest nation, with 32.8% of its population now classed as obese.

This worrying figure is higher than the percentage of obese US citizens, who weigh in at 32%.

It reveals that 70% of Mexicans are overweight and childhood obesity figures have tripled in the last decade.

I will just leave this here.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #31
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Because illegals don't get cancer or fat, got it. So actually they do the 100K and the 5k.
LOL

Don't worry he will have an excuse. He just can't admit illegals cost us money. Maybe he was or is illegal?

Even if he was right why should we not stop illegals from costing us the money they do cost us? Just because texasfans thinks they cost less doesn't mean it shouldn't be stopped. Geez...That's liberal logic right there.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #32
Artos
Pope & Young

Anchor babies along the border are a huge problem...my wife used to work labor & delivery. You take into account many of these poor don't have healthy pregnancies, newborns go to icu & then we have another family of dependents that are now on our payroll.

Illegals are a huge piece & its ignorance to refute the impacts.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #33
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

In spite of all the fat people/cancer patients/illegals and welfare queens,the insurance companies enjoy billion$ in profit.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #34
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
In spite of all the fat people/cancer patients/illegals and welfare queens,the insurance companies enjoy billion$ in profit.

DJ
Right? They are just hurting so bad lol.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #35
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Here is the biggest reason, corrupt politicians taking kick backs from the insurance companies.

http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/ind...=F09&year=2016
Old 09-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #36
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
So if we deport 40 illegals for every fat American, we can reduce the cost of healthcare by 50%?

Border wall paid for. 10 times over.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #37
BrianL
Pope & Young

Quote:

They bill 50% more, but insuance only pays 10-20% of billed amount for agreed services, then you pay the remaining 80%, which is more than the cash amount you could get up front?????????
Old 09-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #38
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
LoL
Illegals don't get their cancer care paid for
Even Americans don't get all of their cancer care paid for
It takes some hoops top jump thru
Old 09-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #39
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
LoL
Illegals don't get their cancer care paid for
Even Americans don't get all of their cancer care paid for
It takes some hoops top jump thru
Sure they do. If an illegal is sick and goes to the ER and is told he has cancer he is not sent away. He is treated. May not get the latest greatest chemo or whatever but they are seen for free at the hospitals and we pay for that. When did not dying become a right in this country? You get sick you die. If you have the money or insurance through a benefit you work for so same as a paycheck than you maybe live a little bit longer.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #40
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post

DJ
Quote:
Right? They are just hurting so bad lol.
Quote:
Here is the biggest reason, corrupt politicians taking kick backs from the insurance companies.

http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/ind...=F09&year=2016

But ppl on tbh are saying that Obamacare and illegals are bankrupting health insurance companies and killing our health care system.

I'm finally getting y'all to see you're blaming the wrong group.
The folks you need to be blaming are your politicians and the CEOs of these insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies.

Anchor babies in Brownsville, TX have exactly what effect on healthcare administered in Brownsville, NYC???

Yes illegals have a dollar impact but the PERCENTAGE of that impact is statistically insignificant compared to what LOBBYIST are doing
Old 09-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #41
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
But ppl on tbh are saying that Obamacare and illegals are bankrupting health insurance companies and killing our health care system.

I'm finally getting y'all to see you're blaming the wrong group.
The folks you need to be blaming are your politicians and the CEOs of these insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies.

Anchor babies in Brownsville, TX have exactly what effect on healthcare administered in Brownsville, NYC???

Yes illegals have a dollar impact but the PERCENTAGE of that impact is statistically insignificant compared to what LOBBYIST are doing

Logical fallacy, there is more than one group responsible. There isn't a mutual exclusivity. Corruption in our govt and healthcare companies as well as illegals as well as fat unhealthy irresponsible people are all reasons. We don't have to accept any or one because another exists.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #42
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Sure they do. If an illegal is sick and goes to the ER and is told he has cancer he is not sent away. He is treated. May not get the latest greatest chemo or whatever but they are seen for free at the hospitals and we pay for that. When did not dying become a right in this country? You get sick you die. If you have the money or insurance through a benefit you work for so same as a paycheck than you maybe live a little bit longer.
Do you even know how that works?
You obviously don't.
They don't administer chemo in the ER.
You need to see an oncologist and have all types of things done before a chemo regimen is administered.

You're making stuff up.
I deal in oncology all day long.
All aspects of it.
Diagnosis.
Treatment.
Billing/Payment.
Patient assistance.

You're making stuff up.

Illegals are not getting free cancer care.
Do you know that Americans can't even get free chemo without a bunch of hoops to jump through?

And you're so gung go about letting folks die if they don't have the money to pay until it's someone close to you then you'll be begging and pleading to have them saved even though they don't have the cash.

I don't care if they were a "good guy" and worked 40 years for whatever company
If he doesn't have the money to pay then you're saying he shouldn't get treatment?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #43
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Logical fallacy, there is more than one group responsible. There isn't a mutual exclusivity. Corruption in our govt and healthcare companies as well as illegals as well as fat unhealthy irresponsible people are all reasons. We don't have to accept any or one because another exists.
If 80% of the damage is being done by one group (greedy lobbyists) why are you so fixated and expending so much energy on the group that only contributes 1.8% to the problem?

You don't like efficiency I take it.

Last edited by texansfan; 09-14-2017 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #44
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
If 80% of the damage is being done by one group (greedy lobbyists) why are you so fixated and expending so much energy on the group that ivy contributes 1.8% to the problem?

You don't like efficiency I take it.
Oh I love efficiency, arbitrary made up statistics however, not so much
Old 09-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #45
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
LOL

Don't worry he will have an excuse. He just can't admit illegals cost us money. Maybe he was or is illegal?

Even if he was right why should we not stop illegals from costing us the money they do cost us? Just because texasfans thinks they cost less doesn't mean it shouldn't be stopped. Geez...That's liberal logic right there.
Illegals do cost us money.
What % of the budget?

If 90% of the "fat" are because of greedy lobbyists and corrupt politicians, why are you spending 90% of your time fighting the group that is responsible for 1% of the "fat"?
That's a poor ROI.

I'm telling y'all fix the lobbyist and politicians FIRST and you'll see a huuuuuuggeee reduction in costs.
Then you go after the crumbs which are illegals and welfare queens (both groups drain the system as well but at a much slower rate)
Old 09-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #46
BrianL
Pope & Young

Quote:

I'm telling y'all fix the lobbyist and politicians FIRST and you'll see a huuuuuuggeee reduction in costs.
What would that do?

If the average person contributes $400/mth with and average working lifespan of 45 years, that is $216,000 worth of medical treatments, including well treatments. In most cases it cost more than that in the last year of life. We have a healthcare system that is not going to last in its current form. It can't.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:32 PM   #47
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Anchor babies along the border are a huge problem...my wife used to work labor & delivery. You take into account many of these poor don't have healthy pregnancies, newborns go to icu & then we have another family of dependents that are now on our payroll.

Illegals are a huge piece & its ignorance to refute the impacts.
Exactly. The OP is not taking into account that the illegal is just the first generation. Shoot out "legal" babies starting at 15, repeat over and over. Those babies and their babies and so on don't show up in his made up statistics.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #48
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMan View Post
Exactly. The OP is not taking into account that the illegal is just the first generation. Shoot out "legal" babies starting at 15, repeat over and over. Those babies and their babies and so on don't show up in his made up statistics.
The OP obviously pays his bills because of obamacare...he's a troll trying to convince us all the marbles are in his perceived blame jar. It's an interesting topic but not worth engaging directly as you just get muddy in the cesspool hoping you can make a point, but his game is old & i'll throw rocks from the shore.

A lot of Anchor babies don't stay in the border region...they filter into the US & become part of the draining dependent class that costs us way more than any cancer patients can touch in the grand scheme. He wants to compare a ER headache / broken bone to cancer of the pancreas & say his argument is a slam dunk. So, obamacare is good and all expensive treatment bad because of x marks the spot & what else is there to discuss?? All counter points are side stepped like a slime on a rock & it goes on & on.

Healthcare is a mess & all the hands mentioned in the cookie jar play a part...we all have our Health Ins stories / billing / Ins / research / lobbying / etc issues that play into this. To pin the tail of the donkey of this HUGE COMPLEX PROBLEM on cancer treatments or any one story is just stupid & insulting, but that's his gig.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #49
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Do you even know how that works?

You obviously don't.

They don't administer chemo in the ER.

You need to see an oncologist and have all types of things done before a chemo regimen is administered.

You're making stuff up.

I deal in oncology all day long.

All aspects of it.

Diagnosis.

Treatment.

Billing/Payment.

Patient assistance.

You're making stuff up.

Illegals are not getting free cancer care.

Do you know that Americans can't even get free chemo without a bunch of hoops to jump through?

And you're so gung go about letting folks die if they don't have the money to pay until it's someone close to you then you'll be begging and pleading to have them saved even though they don't have the cash.

I don't care if they were a "good guy" and worked 40 years for whatever company

If he doesn't have the money to pay then you're saying he shouldn't get treatment?

Are you a doctor?
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 PM   #50
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Are you a doctor?
Hell he doesn't even know what he is...one story hes a contractor who does billion dollar construction jobs next hes in the medical field saving lives and counting numbers
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top