Hog Killin Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Killin Station

Now that deer season is over, I set me up a comfy hog killin station. It is a Baronette "OX 4 Tall". I have it anchored on top of a 2" X 10" square frame/footing, which keeps it off the ground, and gives it a center height of 90". Very roomy, and very easy to shoot from.

Rick
    Attached Files

Nice set up, good luck.

Comment

There's a directional feeder hidden in the trees off to the right, that throws feed right along where you see the red line in this picture. There is a shooting lane more to the left, that can't be seen in the picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

P.S.

I can stand & shoot from this blind.

Rick

Comment

Rick are they hitting feed at your place? Still a lot of acorns at ours and most activity is at night.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Rick are they hitting feed at your place? Still a lot of acorns at ours and most activity is at night.

Gary
            Gary, I didn't hunt at a feeder all last year. I was just pouring a little on the ground at spots I was setting up at with the ghillie suit.

They were hitting those spots during daylight pretty good, although they didn't stay long after first light, ad didn't come back until almost dark.

They are very leery of feeders, and that is why this feeder is a directional cast, and I have it hidden in the trees. It is actually more hidden than the blind.

Rick

Comment

They pound ours until the acorns drop. Hand corn works okay but we have a dozen major tracks crossing the property. You drop some on one and it may sit there a day or two until they use that trail.
              Then again it may be gone before you get back to watch the trail.
              Our best bet is around the tank. That's the one dominant feature that centers activity regardless of feed patterns.
              I took my Big Mike's down this weekend and plan to try those trails.
              But we still have acorns on the shinery and the trees. The pigs and deer are fat in the area.

Gary

Comment

Good luck Rick!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is a Google screen shot of the property. Yes I'm not good at the scribble thing. Pond area is circled. That's 230 acres and is long but not wide. A lot of crossing trails but the heavy brush (shinery) and oak monts provide bedding and escape cover as well.
                  Despite the surprising number of game animals (and coyotes) it has been a challenge learning to hunt that area effectively with archery equipment.

Gary

Comment

Good luck

Loved my Barronett blind until the wind picked it up and blew it 1/2 mile down the road into a ditch. It was all messed up. Had it anchored down too.

Comment

They are good for the traditional shooter. Rick raised it up some and that would work great as I'm sure most shooters practice standing. I may just dig a hole under mine. Our ground is soft sand.

Gary

Comment

This is a Google screen shot of the property. Yes I'm not good at the scribble thing. Pond area is circled. That's 230 acres and is long but not wide. A lot of crossing trails but the heavy brush (shinery) and oak monts provide bedding and escape cover as well.
                        Despite the surprising number of game animals (and coyotes) it has been a challenge learning to hunt that area effectively with archery equipment.

Gary
                        Here's your place outlined in green, and my place outlined in red.
                        Very close proximity, but entirely different terrain & foliage.

My new setup is where the red dot is.

Believe it or not - From that spot, I can see trucks traveling up & down 277 without the use of binoculars.

Rick
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by RickBarbee; 01-27-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Dang buddy we are a lot closer than I figured!

Gary

Comment

Dang buddy we are a lot closer than I figured!

Gary
                            From this place nearest border to your nearest border is 1.1 miles as the crow flies.
                            From my home place nearest border to your nearest border to it is 6.2 miles as the crow flies.

Rick

Comment

Howdy neighbor! [emoji2]

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X