No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what I thought the weather map showed, glad I did not head up and then have to sit in the truck. Cleared up here and is nice and cool. Dinner with friends this evening.

Comment

It did not rain at Granger. I was there fishing in the morning (7AM) and hunt in the afternoon 'till dark.

Comment

Just my luck. But it was not worth a tank of gas to find out. Carnage68 will be in touch with you as a local POC in the future.

Comment

Viper, Mojo, NavyChief,

I appreciate the encouragement and advice.
          One thing is for sure, being outside and killing nothing is 100% better than being inside doing anything.
          I'll take the new info and apply the good advice. Hopefully, one of these days it will all
          come together!

Thanks!

Comment

ill be out there tomorrow morning. gonna expand my treking area and set out into uncharted territory. anyone gonna be out?

Comment

I'm going to pecan grove in the morning with 2 friends. Squirrel and rabbit hunt. Where you going to be ? So went don't disturb you? Lol

Comment

On GRXH in am planning to hit some out of the way spots, hopefully spots not stirred up by others, if that is possible. Hope to make it a bit before hand to do some solo hunting.
                Last edited by Wudstix; 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

went out sat mornig, no pigs.

Comment

I had an hour to kill on my way back from Taylor this evening. Nice heavy overcast, and the sleet had stopped. Glassed from the dam overlook; nothing seen. But did hear a loud squeal from way out there someplace.

Comment

I did not see any pigs but saw 8 does and 2 bucks.
                      And a guy walking with no orange vest and a bow.
                      Thought orange was a must? Or some people ignore the rules? Hm

Comment

yep, some people live dangerously. Particularly dumb given pigs poor eyesight.

Comment

Strangely the only people who have to wear hunter orange is hunters - fishermen, hikers, bird watchers etc. don't. Actually migratory bird hunters don't have to either.

Very select bunch that GETS to don the blaze.

Comment

what does it take to be able to hunt out there???

Comment

Hunting license and APH permit, Good pair of boots,

Comment

Going to head out Sunday morning (weather permiting) at San Gabriel. Anyone seen any action lately?

Comment

Working...
                                X