land owned by city of houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

land owned by city of houston?

ok I found a piece of property I was interested in possibly bow hunting...as it turns out the city of Houston owns it. 200+ acres... after consulting a game warden, his final word was "the city will not allow hunting on city property due to the liability" after searching city of Houston ordinances..i can't find anything on hunting other than what has to do with city parks, (this property is not a park), discharging a firearm across the lake, or for a city employee to carry any weapon on it's property... I'm hoping someone has dove into this further than I have, has figured out exactly where the city has specifically prohibited hunting on it's property, and weather or not one could actually obtain a permit to hunt said property. thank you guys for any input!!!

Good luck with that. No hunting on city property, no bowfishing on lake Houston, no fun for rednecks if the city of Houston has anything to do with it. But you can rent a rainbow colored bike downtown and ride along the Montrose Butt Pirate Memorial trail.

Comment

Good luck! honestly sounds like a waste of time but hey you never know.

Comment

Find out what city council member's district that is and email them to see if they can shed some light, but be sure to title the email or letter as a "campaign donation" or they won't open it (I've written a lot of letters to politicians).

Comment

Read this, if it was annexed after 1981 it may be able to be hunted, as long as there are no houses near it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Good luck with that. No hunting on city property, no bowfishing on lake Houston, no fun for rednecks if the city of Houston has anything to do with it. But you can rent a rainbow colored bike downtown and ride along the Montrose Butt Pirate Memorial trail.
            Classic

Comment

How much is that bike rental?

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                How much is that bike rental?
                I'm not sure how much an individual rental is. I bought an annual pass.

Comment

I would bet that bike doesn't have a seat on it.

Comment

you can rent a rainbow colored bike downtown and ride along the Montrose Butt Pirate Memorial trail.
                    hahahah

Comment

Best post today!

Comment

I'm not sure how much an individual rental is. I bought an annual pass.
                        Lol!!!

Comment

But you can rent a rainbow colored bike downtown and ride along the Montrose Butt Pirate Memorial trail.

Bahahahah! Awesome. No wait. Allsome!

Comment

I work for the City of Houston and I can assure you that you will not get permission to hunt it! I was on the lake the other day with HPD lake patrol and we were talking about how nice it would be to have access to hunt some city properties. It ain't going to happen.

Comment

I'd listen to this guy. Except for the bike part. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X