How do you convince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you convince

How do you convince your wife that it is perfectly safe for you to hunt solo? Either at a deer lease or a western diy public land hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The bigger the life insurance policy, the easier to convince.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      The bigger the life insurance policy, the easier to convince.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
      Lol, good one!

Comment

Not sure. You could possibly lie and tell her you are taking someone with you. She might be worried you are not actually going hunting.

Comment

I switched cell phone companies so we would have phone service out there. Also, I plan on getting a Garmin or DeLorme with inReach when I go out in the backcountry

Comment

I have been hunting by myself, since long before I met my wife, so I was not going to change the way I did things, because I got married. There have definitely been times, I really questioned why I was in some predicament by myself, but I just stayed calm and figured out how to get myself out of whatever I got myself into.

My wife used to try to get me to take someone with me on my trips, but I made it very clear, I got tired of other people not liking to hunt as hard as I do and way too often whined, complained or just kept making comments on heading back in. When I only have a few days to hunt, I am going to make the most of those few days. So to make sure I don't have anyone messing up my hunt, I hunt alone.

I am sure she questioned the times I went hunting and came home with nothing. I always had to explain to her, that it's hunting, I am not walking into a zoo and shooting whatever animal I want to shoot. We had that discussion many times. The trips I have come home with game, the wife and daughter are very excited when I get home.

Comment

You're safer there than on the street in almost any major city, and certainly safer than on the interstate.

Comment

In general you are safer hunting solo (as long as you have basic outdoor experience) than going to get gas. If she is that ****, the problem may lie otherwise. Best of luck.

Comment

You say " honey I'm going hunting and I'll call when I can.....love you"
                  Then jump in the truck

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Then jump in the truck
                    Yup

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Then jump in the truck
                      ^^^^^^^^^^

It’s easy for me to say this because my wife comes from a hunting family. Even in other things your wife should trust your judgement and know that you aren’t going to get yourself in a situation you can’t get out of.

Comment

I usually just get in the truck and leave.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine used to be like that, even though she knew I’ve been hunting by myself forever. Just takes time. She still worries but that’ll never end.

Comment

Tell her about the Garmin inreach. May give her peace of mind. Don't need cell signal

Comment

I stay in contact by text. I am totally conservative and after a lifetime raised in the country, mine doesn’t worry.
                              Perhaps take her and show her the few dangers. However, I have giving up claiming stands and sticks. Krivo Blind’s, ground blinds and ladder stands.

Comment

Working...
                              X