No announcement yet.

Haggling a car dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto..but be flexible on brand...I am not brand loyal.
    Research car you want. Price you want to pay. For myself...I do not discuss payment at all. I go straight to price. My last buy, my local dealers would not give me what I required on trade and did not want to work on price...they all wanted to play payment #'s. Even the 2 guys I have bought from before. Searching the net I found a nice used/low mileage vehicle at Carmax. I called them, car was there. We drove 150 miles to San Antonio. We test drove the SUV. They looked over my trade---without knowing what I required. We got back to office after test drive. Price on SUV was agreed on, then price from my trade...it was 200.00 over my requirement. Deal was done in 1.5 hours...no stress and BS.

Comment

I understand 0 to $600 over invoice is a good deal on a vehicle.
      The dealer has to show you the invoice if you ask. Go from there.

Comment

Do your homework. Know prices with options. Visit multiple dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          I understand 0 to $600 over invoice is a good deal on a vehicle.
          The dealer has to show you the invoice if you ask. Go from there.
          Please do not use this method, their are WAY to many variables for this to be an accurate method. Think of it like this, if you knew your customers were going to ask for a certain document to use against you do you think it would be hard to come up with an "Additional" different aka non original one? enough said, read between the lines here.

Comment

30,700.00 was my invoice price I just got. Man they don't want to budge on the 33,000 walk out. Still trying contacted three to start the tennis match. Thumper pm you now

Comment

Tell them that's what they have to get to for you to buy it. It's very simple

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Do your research. Come up with the price YOU want to pay, and offer that. They can take it or you walk. Very simple process. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PAYMENTS until after a negotiated price is reached.
                That is how I bought my last new car. I test drove a few cars to find which one I wanted. Then I went online and got what was claimed to be the invoice price and offered about $300 more AFTER I subtracted the rebate and my owner loyality discount. I told the salesman that he had one shot at it with his manager or I would walk away with a smile and no hard feelings.

He came back with a figure about $500 higher and asked if I would accept that. I said no thank you and I'm leaving. He said wait a minute and went back to the manager. He came back five minutes later and I got the deal.

Maybe it matters how bad they want to make the deal or how good business is but mine worked out in a few minutes.

Comment

Subbed for a later read

Comment

What should a buyer expect to pay for this truck?
                    2011 F150 4wd Lariat SuperCrew 6.2L about 40,000 miles

Comment

Oooo I have a dealer willing to sell one for 29,000.00 talked him down from 31,700. MSRP is 35,400. Feeling pretty proud right now thanks for all the great advice. Hope to have a new car saturday

Comment

Egh so I went with the use my own bank method and they have me at a 5.99 interest and 580$ payment not happy with that do you think the dealership method where they send it out would give me a much better rate?!?

Comment

Use a credit union. We used Amoco.

Comment

Doesn't matter if I'm not a member

Comment

So I could call amoco and apply for a car loan... I'm new to the whole process

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                What should a buyer expect to pay for this truck?
                                2011 F150 4wd Lariat SuperCrew 6.2L about 40,000 miles
                                6.2L in a F-150?

Comment

Working...
                                X