• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, looks like a great place

Comment

congrats. looks like a nice lease.

Comment

Congrats on what seems like a honey hole.

Good luck in the coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
          Have fun with those horses, they are a PITA. You'll need a barbed wire feeder pen or they'll wreck your setup.
          Congrat's on the lease, but I was thinking the same thing. Horses are way worse than cows on a lease. Hope you don't have trouble with them.

Comment

Congrats! Looks like some good land.

Comment

congrats on the find. sounds like an awesome place

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                Have fun with those horses, they are a PITA. You'll need a barbed wire feeder pen or they'll wreck your setup.
                i remember one lease i was on that had wild horses. there was one that thought my stand was his scratching post . more than once he scared that crap out of me when i had dozed off.

Comment

Congrats...bruisers in Atoka County for sure!

Comment

Congrats! Looks like a lot of fun ahead.

Comment

Congrats and know that Okie deer require a learning curve to hunt for Tx boys, took me a while as well but I will say it's actually much easier hunting once you do. Patterning deer is the way it should be and a lot less of deer just randomly roaming about as Tx deer seem to do. Your in an area that should easily put you on 140-150's every year so don't shoot anything less than 140" till you get a working knowledge of the deer herd. Feeders are ok for holding does around but you will kill the big boys on hand corn early or late season and everything in between will be on you to put yourself in the right spot.
                      Also learn thermal up drafting and how it affects scent if your spot has big draws or ravines, many a Tx boy has been unknowingly schooled by this without even knowing it

Comment

Working...
                      X