Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam will need to stay healthy and limit his mistakes late in games (hopefully chalk that up to being a freshman last year). Shane is a very good backup and a nice luxury to have. I am excited for the future QB's (Rising, Thompson, and Johnson (2019)) as well. The QB room at Texas finally looks the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      You listening to Playbook?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      No sir, that was a quoted tweet from my little cuz.

Comment

Ironically that's exactly what they were discussing. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Don't forget the lonely women and bad booze
          Are those the only friends you have left at all?

Comment

I do not trust in Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I do not trust in Sam.
              Ditto. But hoping he changes my opinion.

Comment

Big year coming from Sam. Remember he was a true freshman.

Comment

With Sam you have to take into account he was a true freshman (like BOB mentioned before) and he didn't have a whole lot of help from the OLine. I do think he plays with a gunslinger mentality which is great, but you are going to have to live with the mistakes to go along with the great plays. Vince Young was the same way, he would bound to make 1-2 really stupid mistakes a game, but then made 3-4 unbelievable plays to make up for it.

I do think the game slows down for him and he has learned from turning the ball over late in games. Again, he will just be a true sophomore when he rolls out there vs. Maryland. My main concern is he for him to stay healthy and be smart about the way he plays the game.

Comment

Just filled out my college pick 'em for week 1. There are a couple seriously good games to start the season off. Washington v Auburn should be interesting.

I'm fairly certain I have already been mathematically eliminated from any chance of winning this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Why should Texas be ranked in top 25? Herman and Texas hasn't done anything yet to deserve it.
                      I agree, but polls, except for EOS, are about expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I do not trust in Sam.
                        Yep I'm with you on that. Kid cost them some games last season.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          Yep I'm with you on that. Kid cost them some games last season.

Freshman being a freshman trying to do to much while trying to stay alive..... Hopefully he learned from that Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                            I agree, but polls, except for EOS, are about expectations.

The big names get hype. Always have.

A 6-6 team that wins a bowl game and has a ton of talent with returning QBs will likely get a 20-25 ranking. Especially blue bloods.

Gotta play the games. It will work itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Freshman being a freshman trying to do to much while trying to stay alive..... Hopefully he learned from that Time will tell.
                              With no protection or a run game. That should change from all reports from the 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                With no protection or a run game. That should change from all reports from the 40.
                                I thought TEXAS had someone last year who could run the ball but they chose to pass or go to Sam a lot of the time.

Injuries are adding up at BAMA.
                                RB Najee Harris
                                ILBs T Lewis and C Allen
                                OL M Womack

All were going to play, some may still get in. Not really certain what Najee has but he has been in a cast. Wish The Citadel was on the schedule earlier in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X