URBAN Droptine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URBAN Droptine

This is the first droptine bow kill for myself. I hunted this buck with my 14 year old daughter for over 2 weeks trying to get her a shot at this dude. Long story short he had our number and we never got a look at him. I gave this spot up for another buddy of mine that I was helping out the last 3 days of the season. Well he decided that Saturday eveing he was whooped for another season and instead of hunting tje very last day he drove back north to Dallas defeated. I Have never been a quitter when it comes to these animals so I decided to hunt the last of the season for myself. I did change it up a lil as in regard to the approach i used that last day by going in the area super early instead of the same old 5 am stuff. Right around 7am the first deer came in , a spike. Now when i say i about killed the spike i was litterally about to draw back on him and get it done instead of going deerless for the year. Just as I szarted to pull back he other 3 bucks popped in view. Well needless to say i of course was in disbelief to be putting my eyes on the Beautiful animal for the first time. I had tons of pics but never a sightung yet. The buck was at 16 yards broadside and in big trouble. I let the slick trick eat and he piled up no more that 50 yards away on the very ladt day of the season. Needless to say i know inwas lucky but i also know haf i decided to sleep in again I wouldnz have had that experience. Never give up guys. Grind it out and dont get discouraged, bow hunting is not easy but the efforts produce the rewards in many forms. I almost went deerless for last season and i would habe been ok with that because i knew I had put in the time and efforts up to that point. Its not about the kill but the experience leading up to it for me. The buck had manged to bust off the tine before we started hunting him but my taxidermist can take care of that with all the photos I have.

Man I cant wait for some time in the woods this year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS THIS YEAR

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Nice recap and good looking buck. Congrats

Comment

Nice deer congrats sir

Comment

Awesome deer. Cant wait to see finished job from Taxi.. Love seeing a hunting story on this hunting forum..

Comment

Good job, congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Glad you stuck it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                Congrats! Glad you stuck it out.
                Thank you Brandon. I want to appologize about last season man. I honestly never expected the events that occured at Texoma. You know i have always helped people out and I have no control over what others do. I guess you know by now that he snuck into my own personal tree stand that Casey and i were hunting togeather when he knew we were not there. Man if i could do it over I would. I respect the hell out of you as a close friend and good person in general and know you are a class act dude. I know i could share info with you and Casey and never have to worry about crap lile that. Again just wanted to appologise for my part in that. Good luck this year.

Comment

Sam Houston?

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                    Thank you Brandon. I want to appologize about last season man. I honestly never expected the events that occured at Texoma. You know i have always helped people out and I have no control over what others do. I guess you know by now that he snuck into my own personal tree stand that Casey and i were hunting togeather when he knew we were not there. Man if i could do it over I would. I respect the hell out of you as a close friend and good person in general and know you are a class act dude. I know i could share info with you and Casey and never have to worry about crap lile that. Again just wanted to appologise for my part in that. Good luck this year.

Congrats on a great buck. After reading this, it never ceases to amaze me how much drama there can be in deer hunting. You want to know about a man's character......put him in a deer stand with a set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Congrats on a great buck. After reading this, it never ceases to amaze me how much drama there can be in deer hunting. You want to know about a man's character......put him in a deer stand with a set of rules.
                      Im no saint but between friends there should be a code somewhat. As ive aged ive learned alot about myself and have been continually adjusting accordingly. No doubt i have some deer crazy friends .

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Sam Houston?
                        No sir not public.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post

All good. No hard feelings, man. Hope you kill a couple giants!

Comment

Great story and a stud of a buck. It will be cool to see what the taxidermist can do to fix that drop tine. That's one to be proud of for sure. A couple seasons back I killed a nice old heavy horned 10 point on the last morning of deer season. Everyone had left and I was at the lease alone that morning. Talk about a way to end the season! You are right. Gotta stick it out and put in the time.

Comment

Yep you just never know they can show up at any giving time . Just have to battle it out and hope for the best congrats on a great buck !!

Comment

Working...
                              X