How to ship a recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to ship a recurve

What is the best way to ship a one piece 60" recurve?

thanks

I'd buy a piece of pvc pipe and cap the ends. I have used sch 40 before, but something a little lighter would work sch.10. This is the same way others have shipped me bows as well as other bowyers.

Comment

If the PVC diameter is too small to fit the recurve, you can go to some of the packaging stores and purchase cardboard boxes of varying sizes. You might need to alter the box to fit the bow but it can be done. I've bought cardboard before and it is a bit expensive, if memory serves.

Good luck.

Doug Key

Comment

you can use the center tube from a roll off carpet

Comment

I ship them two ways. If your post office has the free triangle shipping boxes for priority mail use two and telescope them and ship the priority mail(very good service). I also do the same with two compound boxes I get from an archery shop or sporting goods store and ship priority mail. Insure and mark fragile.

I have shipped 100's of bows this way and never had a problem. Only one problem I've had was when I received an early Red Wing Hunter shipped in a cardboard tube uninsured, not marked fragile, and in two pieces.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Ship US Postal Service, do NOT ship UPS. I have a friend who collects, buys/sells recurves and he says more are stolen then get to him when shipped UPS. He bought a 60s classic 48 Bear Magnum in black for $60 which was going to surprise me and sell at his cost, and the box arrived empty UPS.

I've always been lucky with FedEx shipping my bow and selling stuff on eBay.

Comment

Bow is in the mail.

Comment

shipped out a recurve today just like thumper ordered nice light and well protected of course "FRAGILE" was all over it!

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X