I need to stop selling .410's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to stop selling .410's

A long while back, I had a Mossberg 183 bolt action .410. I shouldn't have sold it, but I did. I almost immediately regretted it. Sold all my reloading components and reloading press too.

Fast forward a few years and my son wanted a shotgun. I got him a Mossberg 510 Mini. He loved that shotgun. I put out feelers to buy a reloading press and got a response. I bought it, and to my surprise, it was the exact same person I had sold mine to years before - He had never used it!

Well, my son outgrew the 410. We sold it. Didn't sell the press, components, or shells with it. I keep looking at the press sitting beside the 20 and 12 gauge presses. It's making me itch to buy another .410. Then I came across the box of shells today. Yeah... a BIG box of shells. There's several hundred sitting in there. A quick look through the reloading components shows that I have enough sitting in boxes to reload another 250 or more.

Why did I keep all of that? Probably because I knew I'd be right where I'm at right now... considering buying a .410 again.

Yeah, I already know what many will say. "Buy a 20 gauge" (I have several... along with a 28, and several 12's). I just like .410's. I like being able to carry a whole box worth of shells in my front pocket. And although I like popping squirrels with my .22 rifles or .17 pistol, i've also enjoyed easily knocking them out of trees at close range with the .410.

I had the Yildiz single shot in my hands two days ago. $130. I almost bought it. But I didn't. I'd really like to buy another Mossberg 183 with the adjustable choke again (or find the one I sold and buy it back for the same price!).

I'm working at Bass Pro Shops tomorrow for 8 hours, and working at Cabelas on Sunday for 8 hours. It's going to be difficult to keep from walking out of one of those stores with a .410.

Maybe I'll get a double barrel this time.... Over / Under. No! Side / Side! Well...Oh, heck... I don't know.

All the best,
    Glenn

the dickinson estate SxS in 410 is pretty lovley to hold. just saying.

Comment

I double dog dare ya!

Comment

I have a Mossberg 183 in .410 I’d sell ya. PM if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Warwagon View Post
          I have a Mossberg 183 in .410 I’d sell ya. PM if interested
          PM sent

Comment

Did you see this one? Remington 11-48 410

Comment

I have a .410 over under. We pass it around in the goose spread all season long. It kills even the biggest greater stone dead when aimed correctly. I have seen the worst shot in the spread kill a double when handed that gun. Knowing you have a .410 just makes you bear down a little harder and think before pulling the trigger.

Comment

I have always wanted a 410. My Dad started me on a 20, but he always tells stories about his old 410. Grew up on a farm and took daily walks with his dogs and his gun, bringing back a rabbit or a bobwhite once in a while. A disgruntled college roommate stole it....

His first grandchild is due next week, and I have been bugging him to pick up one of those Yildiz’ for him or her.

Comment

Get a Henry lever 410

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    Did you see this one? Remington 11-48 410

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...&highlight=410
                    I did. More than I was looking to spend on one though.
                    All the best,
                    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                      Knowing you have a .410 just makes you bear down a little harder and think before pulling the trigger.

All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        Get a Henry lever 410
                        That would be sweet.
                        All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Glenn, I have an H&R Topper in .410. It was my first I ever bought back in1979. And I still take it out on opening day of dove, just for the fun of it . You'd be surprised how fast you can slam a 2nd shell in the chamber if you keep one in your left hand while shooting the first. That action slams shut with the flick of the wrist. Makes me focus more on the shot too.

Comment

Love my h&r topper ...love it

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Glenn, I have an H&R Topper in .410. It was my first I ever bought back in1979. And I still take it out on opening day of dove, just for the fun of it . You'd be surprised how fast you can slam a 2nd shell in the chamber if you keep one in your left hand while shooting the first. That action slams shut with the flick of the wrist. Makes me focus more on the shot too.
                              I used to see H&R / NEF single shot .410's, 20's, and 12's all the time. I don't see them much anymore, but I sure did enjoy the several I've owned through the years. My H&R USH in 20 gauge was a great gun for the price.
                              All the best,
                              Glenn

Comment

Working...
                              X