No announcement yet.

Carry weapon suggestions for a TINY female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the purse carry issue (I don't recommend either because of the aforementioned reason - thieves probably will go for the purse). But here is an alternative.

All the best,
    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      Tbis. Hard to beat that Sig. My wife carries one and tge deciding factor between it and the Glock 43 was just how incredibly easy it is to rack the slide

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
        One of the easiest to rack. Might be a factor for her due to her size and strength. She needs to be able to chamber and eject rounds if she is going to carry it.
        My wife has that gun. She can't work the action.

Comment

Glock 43 or Shield 9

The only advantage of a revolver is that it will run even when the muzzle is pressed against something, like a bad guy's chest.

Wife and I both carry G43's. My wife is 5'3" and 120. She also didnt shoot before knowing me. I would not carry a 5 or 6 shot revolver, so I would not suggest my wife to either. The G43 and Shield 9 have two buttons... A revolver has two buttons...

I found my wife's 43 preowned, but never fired, at Grabagun for $325.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            Tbis. Hard to beat that Sig. My wife carries one and tge deciding factor between it and the Glock 43 was just how incredibly easy it is to rack the slide
            My BIL has one for a carry, and i was amazed at how easy it was to shoot accurately. We were shooting it on my range, and it was dang near as easy to shoot as my full size pistols. Most important thing is to hit what you shoot at, and that pistol will do it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

In a revolver, I recommend a S&W Model 442 or 642 (.38 Special). The 442 is the blued steel version, the 642 is the same revolver but in stainless steel. They're the ultimate "point and pull" gun. No safeties/switches/etc. to worry about. You can have a trigger job done on it and you can end up with a really nice carry gun.

In a semiauto, I recommend a Beretta Tomcat (Model 3032) in .32 ACP. They come in either a blued steel or stainless steel version, and I recommend the stainless version. This pistol features a tip-up barrel, which means you don't have to rack the slide to chamber a round.

If she has the ability to rack the slide, the ultimate, and smallest semiautomatic pistol I know of is the Seecamp in .32 ACP. This same pistol is also chambered in .380 ACP, but I don't recommend this as the recoil is a bit stout in a pistol this small - the .32ACP is actually preferable in this pistol. The Seecamp can be hard to find, a good, affordable copy is the NAA Guardian chambered in .32ACP.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

i know several ladies who carry the Bersa Thunder in 380. my mom and my ex are 2. they are solid accurate and affordable guns

Comment

My wife carries the Taurus 605 ss with concealed hammer and ported. It is a 357 mag, but she shoots 38s out of it. The 357 and ss frame make it a little heavier, but that along with the porting help reduce recoil. It is a 5 shot.

Comment

When she takes her CHL class she will need to qualify with a semiauto. If she qualifies with a revolver that is all she will be allowed to carry. If she uses a semiauto she can carry either. My wife carries the same thing I do only in a 9mm Springfield ROC and she is a little thing also. My 88 yo Mom has bad arthritis and deformed fingers so I got her a SW 642 I ran about 300 rounds through it and took it in for a trigger job.

Comment

[QUOTE=dphillips62;13378460]When she takes her CHL class she will need to qualify with a semiauto. If she qualifies with a revolver that is all she will be allowed to carry.

This requirement went away in 2013 when the laws were rewritten. It's still a good idea to get proficient with whatever she will carry and use it for the test IMO. A revolver is a good choice for simplicity, but realize that an airweight .38 snub nose is not the easiest or most pleasant gun to shoot. If she can comfortably handle an auto then I'd look at both and decide from there.
                      Last edited by jdg13; 05-17-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Revolver in .38 special. or auto in .380. .380 will get the job done, and the slide is a bit easier to rack than the small pistols in 9mm. Brands? Ruger or S&W revolver, most any of the auto's in .380. My wife has a Sig P238 in .380.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Looks like you have enough suggestions on weapons, but I would strongly suggest she carry on her person. Most bad guys are looking for " money" and it's usually a ladies purse they grab and dash with. ( happened to my mom). With it goes her gun, which they just my use in there favor. Plus if she's pumping gas, her purse will be laying in the car, to far to get it if approached out side the vehicle. I have wore a smart carry holster for the last ten plus years. A lot think it's a joke, would be crazy to carry in one. But I can tell you, I can carry in any attire from swimm trunks only, sweats, pants no belt, pants with belt, to going out , and suit attire. In fact there isn't any thing I have wore that I can't carry. And not a sole knows.( I have carried many but now carry a kahr p380, glock 43 now, very very comfortable, in fact sleep with it on many times) And I think it would make caring for a woman very comfortable, after they get used to it . You can get them for small revolvers ( my recommendation, keep it simple, reliable.) Just something you might show her. I would never suggest any body carry off there person, to easy to get into the wrong hands. Sorry for the long post. Stay safe. I don't mean to sound like a salesman, far far from one, and I don't have any connection to smart carry. It's just I tried a lot of differant carry holsters and this one is the most comfortable, hence I carry all the time.
                          Appreciate the suggestions. You raise some valid points.

Comment

Yep...the 442 & 642 is the ticket.

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                            In a revolver, I recommend a S&W Model 442 or 642 (.38 Special). The 442 is the blued steel version, the 642 is the same revolver but in stainless steel. They're the ultimate "point and pull" gun. No safeties/switches/etc. to worry about. You can have a trigger job done on it and you can end up with a really nice carry gun.

Dave

Comment

The Sig P238 is easy to operate and shoots really well. Here's mine next to my P220 10mm

Click image for larger version

Name:	380.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	24539577

Comment

My wife carries a Sig P238. If your looking for something a little more affordable Springfield just came out with the 911. It's a subcompact 1911 in 380. Sweet little gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X