No announcement yet.

Echo Chainsaw Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one and love it. It took a swim to the bottom of the river and was there for 5 min of so before I was able to find it. Fired it up 10 min later and it ran like a champ and still going strong.
    I'll ad that we clear lots for a living and our guys run our saws pretty much every day cutting BIG oaks up. Our echoes have zero problems keeping up with the abuse we put them through.... and our guys run them poor saws hard.
    Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 02-18-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I have 3 echo saws, one of them being a CS-590. I have had it 5 years and it has never missed a beat. Never had a kick of trouble out of any of them. I don’t own a tree service but we cut 10-12 cords of oak firewood a year plus all the general use of a small farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I run an echo chainsaw and trimmer. I don't have problems with either, but I don't put them through hell.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          I have that exact saw, it is a beast. Been running it for 2.5 yrs with no problems. I only use the ethanol free fuel in the cans from home Depot that has the stabilizer in it too.
          The professional lawn equipment store near me sells VP ethanol-free pre-mix fuel by the gallon for around $11. Call around to those near you. It's an easy way to save a little money.

Comment

I have one . Great powerful saw

Comment

I bought a new husqvarna rancher last year and really like it....

20" 60 cc

Have you run one?

Comment

I was in the same boat as you last year and went with echo, very happy so far. I have the cs-400. My echo weed eater was submerged by Harvey for 6 days. I dried it out and changed the gas and it runs like a champ now.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. Guess I’ll find out for myself now! [emoji3]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    Thanks for the info fellas. Guess I’ll find out for myself now! [emoji3]

Skinny
                    Oh no, you actually got one?! We were just kidding, they're junk. You're gonna be sorry![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

We’ve had a bit of Echo and Stihl equipment over the years. We used both brand chainsaws on our ranch regularly. We had a lot of credit built up one time at a local implement dealer, and they carried Echo. We didn’t need anything else they had so we grabbed a couple more saws, trimmers, and blowers. Our 20+ year old Echo machines are still running just as well as ever, and all start easier than the couple of Stihls we had. We just have newer Echos because of the credit we needed to use up. You can’t go wrong with either IMO.

Comment

I bought that echo last year and have had good luck with it. Seems to be a great saw so far. Plenty of power.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Echo Chainsaw Question

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          Oh no, you actually got one?! We were just kidding, they're junk. You're gonna be sorry![emoji23][emoji23]

Lmao!!! Already cut up 4 dead trees with it. Like butter! [emoji12]

When I said I need a new saw asap, I meant like today! [emoji3]

Skinny
                          Last edited by Skinny; 02-18-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I went Echo based on a professional tree trimmers advice.

Comment

I've had that saw for 3 years. It is powerful and trouble free for me. Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                I bought a new husqvarna rancher last year and really like it....

20" 60 cc

Have you run one?

Yes we had one as a second saw several years ago on the ranch. It ran great for about a month then quit. I think my cousin took it back and got another one. That one has worked well for him.

First impression of this Echo is good. I got quite a bit done. I didn’t cut any large trees today, 8” max. Gotta figure out exactly where my house is going to sit before I take out any larger trees that have to go.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X