Cull??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cull/trophy.

another mans trash is another mans treasure.

Good job sir.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      Give him another year
      I don't think he is going to get any bigger.

Comment

Doesn't matter at this point, he gone... but if I had a youngster throwing that trash he'd live a long life on my place ...

Comment

Depends what you are doing with your hunting area.

I see some nice dinner there, can’t eat that rack ya know ?

As far as cull or no cull, that’s your call alone.

If you placed that animal onto my area, personally I’d let him walk a couple more ,3 years to see what the heck would happen. I’m more of a 5 year old or older buck believer if you’re herd managing.

But being a hungry Italian, I like me some Backstrap BBQ so I’d fill the freezer first, manage later type of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yearling or 2yr old showing the potential to have lots of points would be a protected buck to me but lets be honest - It doesn't matter and your freezer is full now

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
              He's on the ground, and there's no such thing as catch and release in deer hunting. No need to justify anything now (or at any time, for that matter). Just be proud of the kill and get him in the freezer.
              All the best,
              Glenn
              ^^^ This. Congrats.

Comment

I would of passed that young one.

Comment

Lots of trash here when we picked up the place 3 years ago and not many symmetrical ones. We are leaving all the good young forked bucks and taking out some trash. Since then, we’re seeing good looking 3 1/2 year old 8’s, 9’s and 10’s.
                  Brother in law shot one 2 years ago. It had hardened bases, but nothing else.
                  And yes, I agree with y’all that said to let it go. It was getting dark and I really couldn’t tell clearly his character that he had. I just knew it was weird and was a trash buck not resembling the symmetrical ones we’re looking to have here.
                  My exact words to my buddy when he came to help load it- man I shoulda let this one go. He might’ve turned out to have some crazy lookin headgear in a few years.

Comment

Whack him.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      Give him another year

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X