Tell me about........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about........

..........water totes. Seeing as how it's dry as heck, with no rain in sight, I thought it would be a good idea to put some water out for the deer. These seasonal creeks are just about all dry in East Texas and the water hole that usually holds water all summer was about as big as a washtub last week. So my question is, what kind of hookup is on these totes ? What will I need to hook up a hose ? I've never looked at one closely, but I'm sure there must be a drain. I plan to just carry it on my 1 ton, drive up next to the feed pen, and fill up the water trough. Sounds simple to me, is it ?

following

Comment

Get you a tote, some pvc, connectors to attach pvc to tote, a water float valve and pan to hold the water. Float valves and a pan can be found a tractor supply.

Get two totes. One for the deer and one to put in your truck to fill with.

Comment

I can take pics of my set up this weekend. There are several guys on here that can probably post pics of how it's done. Maybe PM Smart, and he can help you too

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Get you a tote, some pvc, connectors to attach pvc to tote, a water float valve and pan to hold the water. Float valves and a pan can be found a tractor supply.

Get two totes. One for the deer and one to put in your truck to fill with.
          Pretty sure he just wants to be able to fill a trough from back of truck, not leave it out there with a float. I believe its a 2" outlet on tote, just reduce down to garden hose size or what hose size you want to use.

Comment

Totes

This is what it looks like and like said above it's a 2 inch threaded opening that can be rigged up with pvc and a reduce/adapter that will accept an out door water spigot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tell me about........

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              ..........water totes. Seeing as how it's dry as heck, with no rain in sight, I thought it would be a good idea to put some water out for the deer. These seasonal creeks are just about all dry in East Texas and the water hole that usually holds water all summer was about as big as a washtub last week. So my question is, what kind of hookup is on these totes ? What will I need to hook up a hose ? I've never looked at one closely, but I'm sure there must be a drain. I plan to just carry it on my 1 ton, drive up next to the feed pen, and fill up the water trough. Sounds simple to me, is it ?

I think I used a 2”x 1.5” fernco coupling to get from the tank fitting to the 1.5” pvc, it could be 2” pvc, I can’t remember

Comment

Do a search for it on here and you will get all of the information that your little heat can handle LOL

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                  This is what it looks like and like said above it's a 2 inch threaded opening that can be rigged up with pvc and a reduce/adapter that will accept an out door water spigot.
                  Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

Just do a rain-dance Don and don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know.

Not all threads are the same on the totes. Make sure you get a reducer that will screw on yours.

Comment

Not all threads are the same on the totes. Make sure you get a reducer that will screw on yours.
                        I went to Home Depot and got everything I needed to reduce it from the tote to the garden hose for about $10 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          Just do a rain-dance Don and don't worry about it.
                          That ain't been working for me Hal !

Yeah, I haven't bought the tote yet, but I'll see what it takes then. My son has some but liquid fertilizer has been in them and I'm a little leary of using them.

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                          I went to Home Depot and got everything I needed to reduce it from the tote to the garden hose for about $10 bucks.
                          Thanks !

Comment

Don’t go cheap on it! Do it right and spend a whole lot of money and time on it...so it will start raining around here! LOL

Comment

Bringing this back up. I couldn’t find anything at Lowes or tractor supply that would fit on my tote. Didn’t try Home Depot. Was it in the plumbing section?

Comment

Working...
                              X