• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you need to bail

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
      Not much help there.
      I have been on the property, seen the areas, seen the terrain changes, seen the pinch points, seen the draws and the cover. Now I've seen the division of the property. I'm sure you'd be happy just rolling the dice and taking whatever number you got, but I'm not.
      Guess you've got your answer then and I'm sure #5 would be happy to slide into spot #4

Comment

If the deer #''s are what your saying then what's the real issue here???

Comment

Seems strange to be dividing the property now.
          I would hunt. But would plan on leaving next year, if this is how they operate.
          Sounds like you are overthinking the division of the property and/or just wanting out.
          I'd be willing to bet you could put a corn feeder and hand corn in any of those areas and kill a buck in November. Good luck.

Comment

yes sir

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            I would never be on a lease where I had a zone or pasture, everybody hunts the whole lease.
            yep...never heard of having to be on a "zone" that much $$ should be able to hunt the whole place.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              I would never be on a lease where I had a zone or pasture, everybody hunts the whole lease.
              I would NEVER hunt on a lease where the members hunted the entire lease.

OP, It seems that your mind is made up and you are just looking for agreeance. With what you have said, I think I would withdraw, but that is just me.

Then again, your spot will only be as good as you make it. Meaning the more effort and work you put forth the more deer you will see or the more you will enjoy your efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                Take the heavy cover with the pumpjacks.
                X2

Comment

1300 acres (185 your part) isn't a lot for a deer to travel.

simple... just out feed the others!

Comment

Originally posted by sticks View Post
                    1300 acres (185 your part) isn't a lot for a deer to travel.

Simple... Just out feed the others!
                    bingo!

Comment

Yeah 3000 for 185 acres ain’t good unless you are on a awesome place loaded with good maure bucks !!

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        Take the heavy cover with the pumpjacks.
                        Since it’s such a ****ty spot, I’ll give him 1/3 of the lease price and take the pumpjack thicket just to help the landowner out

Comment

If you already paid and agreed to the system in place, which it sounds like you have, I think you are sort of screwing the guy who writes the check for your pasture. If it was a big deal you could have paid more quickly. If you've never had to round up money from 6 or 7 grown men you might not see the merit in the system.

Otherwise fill your spot and collect the $ you are out. With that many deer on theur survey you ought to just hunt.

Comment

Honestly, if you decide to give it up please p.m me. I possibly might be interested thank you

Comment

Hang it up if your hearts not in it
                              I’m sure lots of people would love to have either one of those spots

Comment

I do not have another lease option at this point
                                That answers it for me right there for me. I want a place to hunt so stay with the lease. I don't think you can write off an area or spot without actually putting the time in. Typically the best spots are right on the neighbor's fence line, hunt there .

Comment

Working...
                                X