Bubba Blade Electric Fillet Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba Blade Electric Fillet Knife

Been thinking about getting my father-in law one for his birthday at the end of the month.
    Anyone have any experience. Would be used to clean blue-cats.

He has been using the Mister Twister Piranha but seems to go through one about every year.

Never had one but I've been told by several guides that the american angler is the one to get.
    Attached Files

Comment

That new bubba blade lithium ion battery one is a bad machine, got my father in law one and cleaned a many of trout and flounder with it recently and I want one now. comes with assortment of blades and two batteries in a nice little case.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
        That new bubba blade lithium ion battery one is a bad machine, got my father in law one and cleaned a many of trout and flounder with it recently and I want one now. comes with assortment of blades and two batteries in a nice little case.
        Thats is good to know. We have electric at the cleaning station but would be nice to not have to plug in with all of the water flowing.
        How long have you used at one time? sometimes it takes 1-2 hours to clean fish if we have a big haul.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            Never had one but I've been told by several guides that the american angler is the one to get.
            He has one of the american angler brand. It is blue, and seems to work really good. Sometimes they clean a lot of fish at one time so, though about getting him another electric and was curious about bubba blade because i like all of there other knife products.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
              Thats is good to know. We have electric at the cleaning station but would be nice to not have to plug in with all of the water flowing.
              How long have you used at one time? sometimes it takes 1-2 hours to clean fish if we have a big haul.
              Me personally I have only used one for about 20 trout and 3 to 4 flounder, its quick quiet and smooth so it doesnt take me a long time to clean fish, So I would feel safe to say hr or less, we still havent charged the main battery yet and been used a lot. So i think with that Lithium Ion Battery I bet you can run one for a long time before it gets weak or hot. What kind of fish are we talking? If your cleaning 25 redfish at a time or something a electric knife wont be the best

Never mind I see you mentioned blue cats, I would feel good to say that you will like it.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                Me personally I have only used one for about 20 trout and 3 to 4 flounder, its quick quiet and smooth so it doesnt take me a long time to clean fish, So I would feel safe to say hr or less, we still havent charged the main battery yet and been used a lot. So i think with that Lithium Ion Battery I bet you can run one for a long time before it gets weak or hot. What kind of fish are we talking? If your cleaning 25 redfish at a time or something a electric knife wont be the best

Never mind I see you mentioned blue cats, I would feel good to say that you will like it.
                Thanks.
                Yes catfish. Most are in the 3-5lb range so an electric knife works really well and is pretty quick.

Comment

Our guide used a Bubba Blade last week and he made short work of 50 stripers.

Comment

I have one and they work really well. Batteries last forever. Still on my first battery charge and I bet it's cleaned easy 50 fish.

Comment

Originally posted by flinger View Post
                      I have one and they work really well. Batteries last forever. Still on my first battery charge and I bet it's cleaned easy 50 fish.
                      That is good to hear.
                      I will look into the cordless some more after hearing some of the responses here.

Comment

Just got one with the Lithium batteries. I haven’t used it yet. A buddy of mine got one and he cleaned 12 reds, 11 trout and 3 drum and the battery just started getting weak at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                          Just got one with the Lithium batteries. I haven’t used it yet. A buddy of mine got one and he cleaned 12 reds, 11 trout and 3 drum and the battery just started getting weak at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Dang! It wares me out thinking about cleaning 12 redfish! I had no idea they made a cordless electric knife. Count me in!

Comment

It ain’t necessarily a fillet knife, but I use a Makita compact sawzall and a filletzall blade. It will put to shame any electric knife on the market. I used to give redfish away till I got one. Like butter.

Comment

I have the Bubba lithium and it does really well. Mine came with 2 batteries. Will work over trout, haven't messed with cleaning any reds. It also cleaned 20 bluecats and 35 crappie without skipping a beat. Highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                              X